Fired

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
You have a degree from William and Mary and can’t even keep a job in small sort?

59941831-1FAC-4CCD-A27F-AB2EFA680CB3.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yeah, I just can’t wrap my head around the idea of a local sort small sorter flipping out. When you get back to building it’s almost like they’re not even there, calmly making their little bags. LOL!
When I was in smalls I had no smart scan, no fancy lighty thingy, and had to bag as well as sort. I sorted anywhere from 40 to 60% of the pieces of the entire sort. On top of that I had to shuttle air to another center, which took about 30 minutes. I lost my cool one night because there wasn't time to sort the rest of the smalls before the trailers had to seal. I asked the sup if he wanted me to split what was left. He told me to keep sorting. So I sorted everything, but didn't have time to bag. The supervisor came by and told me to empty the bins. I got a little upset, and failed to follow methods. Talked him down to a verbal warning once I cooled down. Sounds like most supervisors would have just fired me on the spot.

Indecisi0n

Part-time local sort here. Head supervisor was not happy with my performance. "Look at Bob, he doesn't want this job!! He doesn't even want to be here. Not even trying!"

In my anger I said something along the lines of "well I've tried to use my words to tell you I don't want to sort, you seem to not understand those, so I figured I'd try actions."

Fired for work slowdown(?). Stupid thing to say but his proding made me lose my cool.

Steward filed grievance for me and said I'll probably be back. This has given me little comfort. Does mentioning his harassing, provoking nature help me in this situation? Besides the greivance do I have any other recourse to deal with this manager? Basically I'm asking your opinion on whether I'll get my job back, and how do I stick it to this butthole?
Who is Bob?