Fired

poundedinthebrown

Part-time local sort here. Head supervisor was not happy with my performance. "Look at Bob, he doesn't want this job!! He doesn't even want to be here. Not even trying!"

In my anger I said something along the lines of "well I've tried to use my words to tell you I don't want to sort, you seem to not understand those, so I figured I'd try actions."

Fired for work slowdown(?). Stupid thing to say but his proding made me lose my cool.

Steward filed grievance for me and said I'll probably be back. This has given me little comfort. Does mentioning his harassing, provoking nature help me in this situation? Besides the greivance do I have any other recourse to deal with this manager? Basically I'm asking your opinion on whether I'll get my job back, and how do I stick it to this butthole?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
how do I stick it to this butthole?

Little late for that. Sounds like you're the one who got stuck.

Does mentioning his harassing, provoking nature help me in this situation? Besides the greivance do I have any other recourse to deal with this manager?

If you were so asshurt over his harassing behavior, why didn't you file a grievance for each and every occurrence instead of waiting until you got fired. Are you new here? More than likely you will get your job back if you have been here for a few.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Four and a half years. And I don't quite remember complaining about any rectal pain from prior harassment. I'll reread my post though. Cheers
You'll be back for sure. Were there any other witnesses from management who heard you say anything? But don't ever intentionally work slow just to get moved to a new position. They can move most part timers where ever they want. So you work where THEY want you, not where YOU want to work. If you aren't fast enough in the position they put you in they have other options and will eventually move you.

And for future reference the magic phrase is "I am working as brisk as I SAFELY can"

poundedinthebrown

No other supervisors and he's the type to lie. 4 other employees in the area however. I've sorted the past 3 peak seasons and they have all been quite stressful. Not to mention the new hires who toss any size package down to the small sort (where I work) and are completely unable to do their job. I've politely asked him multiple times to please move me anywhere else, including loading trailers. I'd just had enough and made a mistake. Thanks for the response.

poundedinthebrown

You'll be back for sure. Were there any other witnesses from management who heard you say anything? But don't ever intentionally work slow just to get moved to a new position. They can move most part timers where ever they want. So you work where THEY want you, not where YOU want to work. If you aren't fast enough in the position they put you in they have other options and will eventually move you.

And for future reference the magic phrase is "I am working as brisk as I SAFELY can"

If I get my job back I will be sure to use this phrase. Although my attitude about this will likely never recover.

542thruNthru

You'll be back but always remember to keep your cool. Remember they HATE when they think you don't care. Also file harassment grievances every time.

When you have the meeting with your BA and the manager be apologetic and listen to what your BA tells you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No other supervisors and he's the type to lie. 4 other employees in the area however. I've sorted the past 3 peak seasons and they have all been quite stressful. Not to mention the new hires who toss any size package down to the small sort (where I work) and are completely unable to do their job. I've politely asked him multiple times to please move me anywhere else, including loading trailers. I'd just had enough and made a mistake. Thanks for the response.

Small sort

That explains it

DriverNerd

I prefer: "I am working to the best of my ability."