Firing and suspensions for misloads

krap5

Have you heard of firings and or suspensions for misloads by preloaders. I've worked as a preloader and 22.3 for 20 years just got a suspension letter for misloads over half of them were never brought to my attention.

UPSGUY72

Have you heard of firings and or suspensions for misloads by preloaders. I've worked as a preloader and 22.3 for 20 years just got a suspension letter for misloads over half of them were never brought to my attention.

This post smells a little fishy.

1. You worked as a preloader and 22.3 for 20 years I want to know how you got the 22.3 job without driving? The progression for Union people go PT, FT Driver, than feeder or 22.3 jobs .
What are you doing loading package cars again?

2. With 20 years of service you should know how the system works becasue with that much time you must have been written up and threaten with suspension and termination more than once.

3. You got a suspension letter in the mail but where never verbaly warned or written up with a steward witnessing it? Better yet told that your where getting suspended.

4. Article 22.3 jobs have not been around for ever (meaning they use to be full paying jobs.)

konsole

Ya I've seen a couple people on here say they were punished for misloads. In our center I never see anyone punished for misloads. I get 1 for every 2,000 or so pieces and the supervisors/management make sure I know about it, but all they know is its a missort on one truck that belonged on this other truck. I really wish they had more information on misloads like was the package double pal'd or the package had the wrong pal label on it or other possibilities that are very hard to catch. No preloaders have time to compare the pal label with the original or have time to see the address on the pal label so if the wrong pal label is on a package then the only chance you have of catching it is if your are very familiar with that particular truck. Probably 75% of my misloads are my error but that doesnt take into account that I have to catch missorts from others in front of me or packages that purposely come to me that have to be relayed to another belt down the line and that 1 of my 3 trucks is an "extra" truck that frequently gets double pals and switches between a couple route numbers. That truck coincidently is the truck that 90% of my misloads are on.

krap5

Ya I've seen a couple people on here say they were punished for misloads. In our center I never see anyone punished for misloads. I get 1 for every 2,000 or so pieces and the supervisors/management make sure I know about it, but all they know is its a missort on one truck that belonged on this other truck. I really wish they had more information on misloads like was the package double pal'd or the package had the wrong pal label on it or other possibilities that are very hard to catch. No preloaders have time to compare the pal label with the original or have time to see the address on the pal label so if the wrong pal label is on a package then the only chance you have of catching it is if your are very familiar with that particular truck. Probably 75% of my misloads are my error but that doesnt take into account that I have to catch missorts from others in front of me or packages that purposely come to me that have to be relayed to another belt down the line and that 1 of my 3 trucks is an "extra" truck that frequently gets double pals and switches between a couple route numbers. That truck coincidently is the truck that 90% of my misloads are on.

krap5

I worked partime as a preloader for 14 years in small center They created 3 22.3 jobs there none of which was filled by a driver ( although a driver did try it but changed his mind didn't like the preload and didn't MAKE AS MUCH MONEY) I was highest in senority of partime an took it. Other half of position is porter thankless job but easy and stress free. Never had a warning letter about my loading till this new policy as

krap5

98% of misloads are on one car and for another car that I load Its also an area that is switched back and forth between the two routes They are always on the same driver.

ikoi62

This post smells a little fishy.

1. You worked as a preloader and 22.3 for 20 years I want to know how you got the 22.3 job without driving? The progression for Union people go PT, FT Driver, than feeder or 22.3 jobs .
What are you doing loading package cars again?
Why does this sound fishy? the progression in your local is not the same as every local. all 22'3 jobs in my local were made from 2 part time jobs. like car wash - preload or preload - air driver. we have some guys and gals with 25 years of service as part-timers. our local progression is pt to 22.3 then ft driver. you have to request a transfer to feeders if you want it or stay a driver. but you cant go back to 22.3 .
2. With 20 years of service you should know how the system works becasue with that much time you must have been written up and threaten with suspension and termination more than once.
I have been with the company 25 years and havent been written up or threatened with suspension or termination ever. and i know quite a few guy that have done this.

3. You got a suspension letter in the mail but where never verbaly warned or written up with a steward witnessing it? Better yet told that your where getting suspended.
again not everything is done the same as in your local. they dont mail everything.

4. Article 22.3 jobs have not been around for ever (meaning they use to be full paying jobs.
your right 22.3 jobs havent been around forever but in some locals they were never full paying jobs. )

krap5

thank you! I load between 700 to 800 packages a day in a 4 to 4.5 hr day. Most days were running into the drivers because we can't get the feeders in in time So we're not even getting a chance to finish our loads. I probably get a misload every 7000 to 8000.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I probably get a misload every 7000 to 8000.

You can start in my center tomorrow morning with that misload frequency!! I will take the hit for any misloads you may have!!!

stopcomplete

Im in your area and i have a 22.3 job and have been full times less than ten years.also there are a number of people in this local that are full time that never were drivers.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
The answer to your question is YES, there have been many suspensions served in our local due to misloads. I would suggest you take more time and make sure your accuracy is first, speed second!!

krap5

Im still human and will always makes mistakes. My drivers would back me. I don't understand this policy. Guess I'll file a grievance

whiskey

Im still human and will always makes mistakes. My drivers would back me. I don't understand this policy. Guess I'll file a grievance

14 years as a part timer? All of the long term part timers I know own their own small businesses to fill the remainder of their day. They latch on with UPS for the benefits thus saving that expense with their own company. Most are landscapers, builders or in some kind of trade.
You may need a geographical cure. Bid to another building. Good luck brother.