First week as a weak side pick off

Man Picking Off is tough. Standing up straight for 4 hours had my legs sore. Barely any room to move around. And then the flow got really crazy and I almost was struggling to keep up. But at the end of the day I held my own lol. And picking off is pretty fun.

Superteeth2478

The new Bestsorteralive?
Nah, that's me.
Man Picking Off is tough. Standing up straight for 4 hours had my legs sore. Barely any room to move around. And then the flow got really crazy and I almost was struggling to keep up. But at the end of the day I held my own lol. And picking off is pretty fun.
Picking off on the preload shift is pretty damn fun for me, I'd say if you're good at it it's the most fun you can have at UPS. Especially the smalls bags, they're tons of fun. I always try to see how much faster I can sort through mixed bags of smalls.

OMG you worked 4 whole hours. How did you survive?

Get some more comfortable shoes and maybe some insoles and take an Advil before your shift.

Good luck.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
What's your point? Please tell me you didn't waste 10 minutes signing up just to say that. WTF do you think you are the very first person to ever work pick off? You might be the very first person to join a forum to cry about what a daisy you are though.

Anyways, glad you are having fun, and held your own, not really. Stick around, you won't like it much real soon. Then you can come back and piss and moan how much you hate it.
Good thing we new hires are being paid more
Wus

Indecisi0n

Sounds like you have the toughest pickoff in the center.

Superteeth2478

Probably the easiest job in the building next to porter. Jump over to strong side on a heavy belt with slow loaders if you really want to have some fun.
Speaking of, what exactly is a weak-side pick-off? The only thing I can think of is alt-pick, the guy that flips boxes over so the labels are facing up, which isn't really a permanent position in my hub in the first place. That's not hard at all...

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Speaking of, what exactly is a weak-side pick-off? The only thing I can think of is alt-pick, the guy that flips boxes over so the labels are facing up, which isn't really a permanent position in my hub in the first place. That's not hard at all...
On a typical belt, there are 3 pick offs, 2 on the “H” and one on the “L”. The strong side H gets most of the packages because most of them come down that side of the belt. The weak side H just gets what the strong side can’t get and generally just helps him out. If you have a good strong side pickoff, then weak side does barely anything.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Pick off is a thankless job. Probably the closest inside job that will remind you of Full Service Provider. Alot of Misloads and jam slide looks exactly like a loaded pkg. car

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Pick off is a thankless job. Probably the closest inside job that will remind you of Full Service Provider. Alot of Misloads and jam slide looks exactly like a loaded pkg. car

Ehh, every job at UPS is a thankless job. Only, pickoff also doesn’t pay well.