First Week As New Package Handler In Germany

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Haha I don't know. Have you tried using google translate for a proper translation job?
Even professional software won't work on idioms and such, though I didn't use any. Google translate might've given good results in my case.
Nah I was just kidding with her. Your English is very good.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Extremely "valuable experience"

Your life will be enriched many times over
As your shuffling cardboard all night long

One of the best lessons I ever learned from my father (not my Dad) was the value of hard work.

It was one of the first things that I passed along to my children. They must have been paying attention as both work very hard and are responsible adults.

AbuHajaar

One of the best lessons I ever learned from my father (not my Dad) was the value of hard work.

It was one of the first things that I passed along to my children. They must have been paying attention as both work very hard and are responsible adults.

I'm trying to be a 'father' to myself. With all due respect, my parents failed to give me any sort of life lesson, in any regard really. I'm hoping to get there someday. Congratulations on caring about your childrens' values, good for them!

So, are Germans having cry-ins or hug-ins because of the American election? Or could y'all not care less?

Germans mostly oppose Trump, few have actually differentiated, well-founded views. I personally think Trump's a joke and I'm pitying you guys for having to choose between him and Hillary. Then again, if I had to choose, I'd probably also voted for Mr.Trump, as there's an ever so slight chance of him being less radical and straight silly during his presidency than he presented himself throughout the past year.

I get the feeling that the white-trash image of Trump's supporters is not very accurate. But that's exactly the kind of demo he seems to be catering to with his rhetoric. That's also what most Germans pick up.

The German people claim to be enlightened and above the dishonesty in the media. That kind of arrogance is our biggest problem. We talk about and criticize all the misinformation and propaganda but are unaware how much we ourselves are being fed.

We have a reputation of being well-versed in politics and culture. But that's mostly just us regurgitating opinions and facts that we memorized for the very purpose of maintaining that image.

Lol, just how did I start ranting now. Sorry about that.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm trying to be a 'father' to myself. With all due respect, my parents failed to give me any sort of life lesson, in any regard really. I'm hoping to get there someday. Congratulations on caring about your childrens' values, good for them!

Germans mostly oppose Trump, few have actually differentiated, well-founded views. I personally think Trump's a joke and I'm pitying you guys for having to choose between him and Hillary. Then again, if I had to choose, I'd probably also voted for Mr.Trump, as there's an ever so slight chance of him being less radical and straight silly during his presidency than he presented himself throughout the past year.

I get the feeling that the white-trash image of Trump's supporters is not very accurate. But that's exactly the kind of demo he seems to be catering to with his rhetoric. That's also what most Germans pick up.

The German people claim to be enlightened and above the dishonesty in the media. That kind of arrogance is our biggest problem. We talk about and criticize all the misinformation and propaganda but are unaware how much we ourselves are being fed.

We have a reputation of being well-versed in politics and culture. But that's mostly just us regurgitating opinions and facts that we memorized for the very purpose of maintaining that image.

A lot of the coverage of the US in Europe (at least what I saw of it) misses what is really going on. Probably repeats the articles from the media in the US that were very much against Trump. That is why it was compared to Brexit - because it was a similar situation.

Would love to visit Germany. 3 of my grandparents came from Schleswig--Holstein!
I can relate to the upbringing! Mom made our clothes, cooked, worked. Dad worked hard. But didn't really instruct. Our job was to "go out and play!" Lol!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Would love to visit Germany. 3 of my grandparents came from Schleswig--Holstein!
I can relate to the upbringing! Mom made our clothes, cooked, worked. Dad worked hard. But didn't really instruct. Our job was to "go out and play!" Lol!

I spent 30 minutes sitting in a military plane on the flight line at Ramstein AFB. From what I could see from the small circular window it looked like a beautiful country.

AbuHajaar

I spent 30 minutes sitting in a military plane on the flight line at Ramstein AFB. From what I could see from the small circular window it looked like a beautiful country.
It is a beautiful country! Definitely worth touring if you've got the time.

I've lived in Hamburg most my life, we're neigbours with Schleswig-Holstein. We're pretty similar in terms of mentality, etc.
As I said, the country(and my hometown in particular :wink:) are definitely worth seeing!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

I can't help you with the weight loss as I'm having a slight problem with mine since quitting smoking but, I hope you stick around here, we could use some international flavor. Pay no mind if we give you a hard time occasionally.

Welcome aboard and good luck with the weight loss.

trickpony1

I've heard the package car drivers in Germany don't wear the brown shirt that we, Americans, are accustomed to.

Supposedly brown shirts bring back memories of a certain military leader.

Is this true?

dudebro

I've heard the package car drivers in Germany don't wear the brown shirt that we, Americans, are accustomed to.

Supposedly brown shirts bring back memories of a certain military leader.

Is this true?

Nope.

upload_2016-11-18_21-36-9.jpeg