sikidiki

It all really depends on your area and center, we were begging for FT drivers for a while, hired some of the preloaders and now they know why we bitch so much when they mess up loading our trucks lol

lorthavemercy

I am in the same position. I feel like I did great, worked hard, volunteered for everything, put in as many hours as I possibly could. I asked today and my SUP's told me that my best bet is to come on as a package handler and apply for cover driver positions as they come up.

I asked, do you all keep anyone on, and his reply was, yeah we for sure keep the good ones.

....Ouch!

Biggest problem for me is our center was a seasonal center that they talked about keeping open. Well, because of low volume UPS wide, they decided to not keep it open. Now, I guess I am in limbo.

i did catch on early to the dangle of the carrot. It didn't stop me from working hard, because I just like to work hard, but it did make me think that just maybe, I should figure something else out.

It happened to me they called in Feb to see if I was still interested then March I went to intergrad. Then I qualified.[/QUOTE
That’s awesome bro. They called me last week to offer me a job in preload and I agreed to it. Figured this was my best route in order to bid to become a full time cover driver and work my way up the ranks.