BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
When the company has to pay out the retro checks there will be lots of openings cause I’m hearing a lot of guys say they are retiring when they get it and not until they get it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
When the company has to pay out the retro checks there will be lots of openings cause I’m hearing a lot of guys say they are retiring when they get it and not until they get it.
Lol.. I wouldn’t leave either... on top of it I would work until I was eligible for 7 more weeks of vacation and take them all in a row then retire....

clean hairy

I would think OP would rake in more at a sandwich shop than at UPS.
Consider the lines of Women stuffing the tip jar after he serves them his famous Foot Long!
Would be the best seller off the menu board!
John Holmes Foot Long!

CoolStoryBro

It is unreasonable for you to expect to hear anything about being hired on full time. UPS does not hire full time workers unless zero part timers in the building want the full time job.

The idea of a full time position is simply a carrot to get you to bust your ass.

The new union contract makes it even harder and less likely for an off the street hire to land a full time job with UPS.

If you want a full time job with UPS you need to do it like everyone else. Get a part time job at UPS and wait until you have enough seniority to get a full time job.

That being said, it does happen that someone off the street can get a full time job. But it is extremely rare. Don't count on it. You could wait years only to find out that it's not going to happen and if you had just gotten a part time job you would already be full time.