First Year As A Seasonal Driver Trying To Land A FT Job

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JohnHolmes, Dec 28, 2018.

1. sikidiki

sikidiki Active Member

It all really depends on your area and center, we were begging for FT drivers for a while, hired some of the preloaders and now they know why we bitch so much when they mess up loading our trucks lol

2. lorthavemercy

lorthavemercy Member

I am in the same position. I feel like I did great, worked hard, volunteered for everything, put in as many hours as I possibly could. I asked today and my SUP's told me that my best bet is to come on as a package handler and apply for cover driver positions as they come up.

I asked, do you all keep anyone on, and his reply was, yeah we for sure keep the good ones.

....Ouch!

Biggest problem for me is our center was a seasonal center that they talked about keeping open. Well, because of low volume UPS wide, they decided to not keep it open. Now, I guess I am in limbo.

i did catch on early to the dangle of the carrot. It didn't stop me from working hard, because I just like to work hard, but it did make me think that just maybe, I should figure something else out.

3. Buffalo bill

Buffalo bill New Member

It happened to me they called in Feb to see if I was still interested then March I went to intergrad. Then I qualified.

4. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes New Member