First Year As A Seasonal Driver Trying To Land A FT Job

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by JohnHolmes, Dec 28, 2018.

1. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes New Member

I figured it would come to that thankfully I run a side business.

2. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes New Member

Thanks bro I appreciate the useful information.

3. xUySTNH0FAKg4UgA80.gif

4. You are definitely going to need that extra money .

5. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes New Member

The joys of UPS I guess.

6. It's aa ver hard job to live off of when you first start out.

7. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

You will know when you know. Some buildings are hiring off the street, some are not. Drivers in your loop will know better than anyone here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes New Member

Yeah so I’ve heard. Guess I’ll have to pay my dues like everyone else which I’m fine with.

9. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes New Member

Some have told me that they’re hiring off the street more because everyone in the building is either too young or just doesn’t care to drive. I’m just leaving it to fate and letting the pieces fall wherever they may.

10. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

With the 6 inside to 1 off the street hiring ratio it sounds like working inside would be the best way to be hired FT.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. Nolimitz

Nolimitz Active Member

What if there are not 6 inside that want to drive? I assume that ratio would be S__t canned?

12. JohnHolmes

JohnHolmes New Member

Basically they’ll just hire straight from outside

13. boxdust

boxdust New Member

in the west they have to clear the transfer list before they can break the 6to 1 rule. last year my center got 3 transfers and one off the street in January because no one in the building wanted to drive. so it really depends on where you are. my center has a lot of people who started as seasonal drivers and never worked inside.

14. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

The company would still owe the Union the FT jobs from inside. Which is why I said working inside first would be the best way to a FT delivery job.

15. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Not in my building. We filled 4 FT spots in a row from outside because no one signed the PT to FT bids.

16. Coldworld

Coldworld Ringleader of this sht show...

Will “John Holmes “ start sending penis pics instead??

17. Coldworld

Who work hard.... ??? Bhhaaaa, hardly dude..

18. Coldworld

But I thought “you don’t need to know how to load em’ to be able to deliver em’.....damn, when I heard him say that for the first time I wish I had the power to pimp slap him through my phone... such a know it all arrogant lil’ bitch...

19. Coldworld

Depends on where you are at... hell he might be a feeder driver in a year at his location... many places are hurting for drivers it’s ridiculous

20. The slower time of the year will be here shortly less volume and less people in vacations. So it could be a little while.