Fleeing New York City In Droves!

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
...hundreds of thousands in rent controlled apartments. Neighborhoods in Queens and The Bronx are a different story.
No, not particularly. I spent half my life taking stops off the FDR projects in Lower Manhattan. Oldest, least maintained, and dirtiest NYCHA housing in any borough.

We had an old driver (Chinaman) with 20 something years seniority, could've bid any route in the center. But I'd bet anything he's still there in Alphabet City, right now, making that fat brown dollar. Way over the tax threshold.

Guy could've invented NI4, since NONE of the buzzers worked. Ever. They require a working landline to buzz the main door, which none of the residents would pay for. Anyone without a key would just grab the crowbar laying in the grass by the entrance and pry the magnet.

Chinaman doesn't care though, 11PM you'll see him attempting. I don't even think the man has a home to go back to. Or a family anymore!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yep. Life is too short to put up with :censored2:hole governance and tax levels if you can enjoy a better life elsewhere for less.
Yea but these people fleeing voted in the government that is allowing this mess! They might repeat the same pattern?

Serf

What's interesting is NYC might actually be turning into the kind of place portrayed in "Escape From New York" with Kurt Russell.
Hah it’s true. All those small biz never coming back. To be replaced with rent controlled apartments. No jobs, etc.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Sad part is where ever all those leaving NYC end up results in rising local home prices.
Forcing people who have been trying to save for a decent home right out of the market.
I know many are not going to NJ, since mortgage defaults are rising.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Sad part is where ever all those leaving NYC end up results in rising local home prices.
Forcing people who have been trying to save for a decent home right out of the market.
I know many are not going to NJ, since mortgage defaults are rising.
Don't worry, they will buy forclosed homes so fast it will make a banker smile 24/7.

I'm in Jersey, the market is crazy right now, multiple bids over listing price. No inventory.