Flip the coin (seniority)

Siveriano

at my center there is a guy who has the same seniority day as me.
I started at UPS 6 months before him but was given Book at the same date he started making his 30 days so i get to choose vacation first but on center seniority we share the same day, being basically next in line to get out of saturday schedule i asked the union and i was told that most likely we will have to flip the coin to see who has more seniority.

Its this true? i mean something as improtant as seniority it just dont feel right to be decide on a flip coin.

Me and another dude in my building both had the same full time seniority date. We ended up bidding the same route, he won the bid after the tie was broken by coinflip.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had 2 guys whose seniority was determined by a coin flip. It caused problems for 30 years between the 2. Especially because the guy who won was a suck ass and the other one was a rebel.

P

pickup

We had 2 guys whose seniority was determined by a coin flip. It caused problems for 30 years between the 2. Especially because the guy who won was a suck ass and the other one was a rebel.

We had 2 guys whose seniority was decided by high card from 52 card deck. First guy pulled a 2.

Richard Cranium

I started at UPS 6 months before him but was given Book at the same date he started making his 30 days so i get to choose vacation first but on center seniority we share the same day, being basically next in line to get out of saturday schedule i asked the union and i was told that most likely we will have to flip the coin to see who has more seniority.

Its this true? i mean something as improtant as seniority it just dont feel right to be decide on a flip coin.
We had to thumb wrestle to decide ours.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

Here if you have the same full time senority date. They would go by company seniority, then by last name. It has never gotten past that point yet

Turdferguson

Just a turd
We have three guys same day...they pulled straws...sounds dumb but really how else can you do it
Monkey knife fight obviously
FLy8ZTJ.gif

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I had heard that if two guys have the same seniority date that the tie breaker was date of application ( I can be wrong but it is what I heard)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had heard that if two guys have the same seniority date that the tie breaker was date of application ( I can be wrong but it is what I heard)

There is a formula that they use to determine seniority and, yes, date of application is one of the criteria that they use. They also use the first letter of their last names.