Flu Shots

What are your flu shot plans this year?

• I will get the regular flu shot.

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • I will get the H1N1 flu shot(s).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I will get regular AND H1N1 flu shots.

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • I will not get any flu shots.

Votes: 54 66.7%

• Total voters

large_73-TheWho-Quad.jpg

Cough.....cough.....cough....

Babagounj

Strength through joy
for once I agree with Klein.
This government is in quite a rush to give everyone a shot, without first fully testing what's in it. And those stories floating around about imprisoning anyone who does not get a shot are growing.
In Massachusetts there is already a law on the books that gives the public health dept control over the general population, they get to decide who can be locked up without due process .
Welcome to the New World Order, where panic controls all.

klein

Für Meno :)
And Baba, I like your lemon law in Massachusetts.
Is it 1 week you have, when you buy a used car, and it fails inspection, your entiteld to bring it back, with money full refunded.

They should have that everywhere.
Unless, you think differently.

moreluck

golden ticket member
NATURAL REMEDIES - AVOIDING COLDS AND FLU

* Keep current on inoculations, and ask your doctor about flu shots.

* Wash your hands often, with lots of soap and lots of water! Don't share washcloths or towels.

* Use disposable tissue instead of cloth handerchiefs. Put used tissues in a waste basket.

* Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze or cough. If you don't have a tissue, cough into your upper sleeve.

* Don't bite your nails.

* Don't share food or drinks, even a taste.

* When in doubt, hug instead of kiss, even if your heart feels otherwise!

* Drink plenty of liquids, especially fresh water.

* Get plenty of sleep. Go to bed early!

* Cut back on sugars and alcoholic drinks.

* Eat correctly, especially lots of fruits with high vitamin c content as well as veggies and grains which cleanse your system.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We have a couple in our neighborhood who refuse to get flu shots and every year they come down with it and I take them chicken soup to get them better. I think they just like my homemade soup. I remind them every year....."time to get a flu shot".
Will you UPS some to me if I get sick? Please!

satellitedriver

My kinda vaccine, must be the reason I never have had influenza.
Seriously, at risk persons should take the vaccine.
As to the total threat to the general population of H1N1, I think it is an over blown reaction.
Driving on a US Public Highway kills more people, by multiples.
"Standard" regular Flu worldwide kills more people, by multiples, than H1N1.
Bath tub slips and falls kills , or injures, more people than H1N1.
I need to change my signature to;
"Worry now and beat the rush."

Babagounj

Strength through joy
And Baba, I like your lemon law in Massachusetts.
Is it 1 week you have, when you buy a used car, and it fails inspection, your entiteld to bring it back, with money full refunded.

They should have that everywhere.
Unless, you think differently.

It works better for new cars. If something can't be fixed after 3 attempts, then its a full refund.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My kinda vaccine, must be the reason I never have had influenza.
Seriously, at risk persons should take the vaccine.
As to the total threat to the general population of H1N1, I think it is an over blown reaction.
Driving on a US Public Highway kills more people, by multiples.
"Standard" regular Flu worldwide kills more people, by multiples, than H1N1.
Bath tub slips and falls kills , or injures, more people than H1N1.
I need to change my signature to;
"Worry now and beat the rush."
Nice new signature.

It works better for new cars. If something can't be fixed after 3 attempts, then its a full refund.
Too bad Klein doesn't come with one of those.:wink2:

UPSERNOJ

I refuse to get the flu shot...years back when my children were little I listened to my pediatrician who recommened that the entire family get the flu shot. Well, after that....the entire family was sick for over 3 weeks. Never again....

To date...knock on wood...we never got sick like that again...

Babagounj

Strength through joy

header_wnd.gif
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]OUTBREAK![/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]Nurses sue to block mandatory swine-flu shot[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Palatino, Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]'Hundreds of co-workers feel just as strongly against the vaccine'[/SIZE][/FONT]Posted: Octobtober 13,2009
[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE] [FONT=Palatino, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times, serif]By Chelsea Schilling[/FONT]
[SIZE=-1] © 2009 WorldNetDaily [/SIZE]

h1n1.jpg

H1N1 (photo: CDC)

Several nurses are suing the state of New York to protect themselves from mandatory swine flu vaccinations – saying threats of being fired for refusing shots violate their civil rights.
Albany [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]Medical [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]Center[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] nurses face a week of [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]suspension[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] without pay and termination if they don't accept both the H1N1 and seasonal flu vaccinations by Oct. 27.
According to a New York mandate, all health-care workers must be vaccinated by Nov. 30.
But the four nurses argue that proper hygiene – such as [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]washing[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] hands and covering mouths and noses when coughing and sneezing – is an equally effective method for combating the flu. They also expressed concerns about possible [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]side [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]effects[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] of the H1N1 vaccine.
"I have had more staff that have become ill after the flu vaccines this year than co-workers that have actually come down with the illness," Lorna Patterson, one of the nurses, told Albany's WTEN-TV.
She said she believes more time is needed to learn about the vaccine's effectiveness. Patterson, a nurse for 28 years, said she hasn't receive the flu shot since she was a teenager.
Patterson's co-worker, nurse Katheryn Dupuis, said she's only received a [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]flu [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]shot[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] once in her 10-year career as an emergency room nurse.
"We're going to lose our jobs if we do not get this vaccine," Dupuis said. "There are hundreds of co-workers of ours that feel just as strongly against the vaccine."
(Story continues below)

The nurses are collecting signatures on petitions to area hospitals and health-care providers. They have at least 500 signatures on one, and several others are circulating through the community. They have also scheduled a protest at the capitol Wednesday at 1 p.m.
According to Albany's WRGB-TV 6, the group is concerned that pharmaceutical companies have been given immunity in case complications from the vaccine arise.
The nurses plan to file their lawsuit against state Health Commissioner Dr. Richard Daines in New York Supreme Court by the end of this week.
The Department of [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=&quot]Health[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] says it will vigorously defend itself in the lawsuit, and health officials are confident the regulation will be upheld by the court, WXXA-TV 23 reports.
But Patterson and Dupuis said they will retire or find nursing positions outside of New York if the state doesn't withdraw its mandate.
"I don't think anybody wants to achive that kind of result," their lawyer, Terry Kindlon, told WTEN. "The health-care workers are being stampeded into this, and we're supposed to be a thoughtful, rational society that deals with things through due process and careful reflection. That's not what [New York] wants them to do here.
"They're saying, 'Look you guys, get the shots or in the next two weeks, you're on the street.' That's criminal. That's ridiculous. That's insane."
Aother lawsuit filed in New York City against Daines and Jeffrey Kraut, chairman of the state Hospital Planning and Review Council, argues that the state does not have the authority to mandate vaccines.
Kindlon said other lawsuits are arising throughout the state, and the New York Civil Liberties Union may file a legal complaint in coming weeks.

over9five

Staff member
Sorry, I think all health care workers should get a flu shot. I darn well don't want them working on me if they haven't got one.

P

pickup

Have no attention pumping my body with potential deadly viruses. I know too many people getting sicker then ever after flu-shots. Even the goverment doesn't even know if the H1N1 flu-shot is safe, or effective. It is free here, so cost is of no matter, but, I'm kinda flu-immune anyways. I would worry more, effecting myself with those shots.

Not surprising, considering how your country was founded.

For those who don't know, Canada was once part of the united states and it was a territory. Hockey was popular in this territory and many people lost their teeth as a result of their participation in the sport and consequently needed dentures. The dentures were expensive and not very well made due to the monopoly of dentists. There were denturists who could make better and cheaper dentures but they were viciously prosecuted.

Finally, the residents of the northern territories had enough and revolted violently . The slogan that was heard throughout the streets was Can the ADA (American Dental Association) . The slogan was repeated vociferously and quickly and it sounded like this "CANTHEADA.. CANTHEADA..." . Evenutally the slogan ending up morphing and sounded like this "CANADA.. CANADA ".

The revolt was successful, Canada was founded: a land where denturists can practice their craft in peace.