FMLA and WORKERS COMPENSATION

UPS Lifer

First off thanks for the replies, I posted this a couple of days a go but my 2nd child was born premature 10 weeks he still has 8 weeks left in the hospital.

I have been on w/c for 7 weeks that means i have 5 weeks left on fmla. It looks like the co. doc wants me to return to work already! i feel good to return to work, but I need at least 8 more weeks of FMLA some how im going to get it whether they like it or not- they owe it to me!!

Entrado,

Get that chip off your shoulder! Nobody owes you anything and if you continue to have an attitude that you are entitled, it will catch up to you at some point.

I certainly hope that your child's health is not in jeopardy and wish you and your spouse every wish that this situation will work out for you! God Speed to you and your family!

entrado

thanks for the words of encouragement they did help me to get rid of my CHIP, (dealing w/managment it takes a lot of patience)

As for the co. using fmla during w/c, yes it's there right to do so, said NLRB, DOL. but here in calif. we get STATE PAID FAMILY LEAVE of 6 weeks to bond w/a child. seperate from FMLA.

So it all worked out, my son is getting better day by day thanks to GOD.

smf0605

thanks for the words of encouragement they did help me to get rid of my CHIP, (dealing w/managment it takes a lot of patience)

As for the co. using fmla during w/c, yes it's there right to do so, said NLRB, DOL. but here in calif. we get STATE PAID FAMILY LEAVE of 6 weeks to bond w/a child. seperate from FMLA.

So it all worked out, my son is getting better day by day thanks to GOD.

That's wonderful. In the end, having time with your child, and your child getting better is the only thing you should have on your mind.

deepsouthmamaw

And do not forget if you take fmla leave its not a full 12 weeks its 12 weeks minus your vacation time and opt days. I had 6 weeks vacation and company made me take that first and exhaust all sick and opt days so I only got about 4 1/2 weeks fmla. Whick was sad because my husband was terminally ill for 2 years and then had to have 2 transplants. I almost got fired for all the time off.