Follow ORION 85% or....

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I have on occasion used the pkg car to bring home something from Lowes or that I found on the side of the road. I have also made same day deliveries. You make it sound like an every day thing, which it certainly is not.

I drive an Altima---can't fit much in one of those. :(

They look the other way when you run an hour under.
I don't run an hour over but nice try. I'm dispatched at usually a 11 1/2 hour day everyday by their numbers because I deliver 2 huge accounts that have 8 am and 830 am special commit times.

And you just admitted to stealing by using a ups package car and ups gas to move your personal items. Wow good job. Lowes rents trucks. Should of used that instead of stealing.

And delivering same day???? Why? Because you have to be the "hero" in your head? Narcissism right there again.

Your center manager looks the other way I'm sure because he probably enjoys "your special pcm " in his office.

Don't worry. Orion will end all that.

Tough Guy

You've admitted it numerous times on here. You've never used your truck to bring huge items home from somewhere? You've never delivered packages you pick up in your area that were addressed somewhere in your area? You've bragged about this before.

You're not a good liar.

Is that specifically frowned upon? I can't say I've ever picked something up that was to be delivered in my area. (In fairness I can't say I really check the addresses though. Just check for ground/air etc.)

But, it seems like one less thing to do the next day; is the way I see it at least.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Is that specifically frowned upon? I can't say I've ever picked something up that was to be delivered in my area. (In fairness I can't say I really check the addresses though. Just check for ground/air etc.)

But, it seems like one less thing to do the next day; is the way I see it at least.

It's frowned upon because it doesn't go through the system.

I have on occasion used the pkg car to bring home something from Lowes or that I found on the side of the road. I have also made same day deliveries. You make it sound like an every day thing, which it certainly is not.

I drive an Altima---can't fit much in one of those. :(

They look the other way when you run an hour under.

Another lunch burning hero. There's more to life than being an ass kisser

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I usually beat "The Solution" everyday by 1-4 miles, I could do better if it wasn't for the "go to first stop" idea. A couple of times I have driven right by a later Next Day Air stop to go to my first stop, thats insane. I have a large private lake on my area and it will tell me to make my first stop on the furthest side from my Center, drive to the other side of the lake to get a NDA off, then go back to the other side and finish off my last NDAs that were close to my first ones. Its a different route every day now. I will try to stay on ORION until 3:30 when I have to break off to get my three pickups. I am as far away from them as possible at that point, The Solution doesn't take that into account. The rest of the day I just connect the left over Clusters spread all over the place. A few less miles than before but I make more overtime. Their plan not mine.

Overpaid Union Thug

Read twice, post once.

Did you know that Siri will now auto-correct Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn?
I heard it pulls up a Google search for "Narcissistic Freak" instead. LOL.

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

It's frowned upon because it doesn't go through the system.
Why does it matter? It's basically saving handling the package a couple of times. Still gets a pick up scan and a delivery scan so I'm sure we bill for it.

My record was doing a mall route. The Kay Jewelers sent a ground package to the JB Robinson Jewelers in the same mall.

I'm sure it had to do with being able to have a paper trail for the inventory transfer (both brands owned by same parent). That package had a transit time of about three minutes. :laugh:

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
i transferred from a non-Orion center to a Orion center, my first day I followed Orion 100% and the mileage was for 64 miles and 8 1/2 hours. I drove 115 miles and worked 12 1/2 hours, I have not followed it since.

I trust the driver who set up the EDD more than I trust a computer algorithm.