Following Methods + Not Caring About THEIR Numbers = Easy Breezy Peak Seasons

clean hairy

Quit looking at the production report. You're internalizing those numbers. Those numbers are exactly what you said they were.....a reflection of past performance during time studies not a reflection of you.
Same as with investing.
"past performance is not an indication of future performance of this investment"

Mr.Golden

Follow the methods and try to run your route using ORION, we are not paid to think anymore. Its the company's plan, use it to your advantage. In my younger days, I would think of ways to be more efficient and cut corners so I could get home at a decent time to be with my family. The kids are grown now, I'm just padding my investments.

I agree, I'm still young and I follow Orion 100% or at least aim for it. I'm re-training myself the methods cause I've been shown the wrong way by a supervisor(who been fired for dishonesty). All I have to do is take my hr break during the day instead after I'm done.

Overpaid Union Thug

Quit looking at the production report. You're internalizing those numbers. Those numbers are exactly what you said they were.....a reflection of past performance during time studies not a reflection of you.
I rarely look at the reports. And when I do it is strictly for my own entertainment. Normally all I have to do is listen to others brag or bitch about them. My favorite line is still "they stole our time." LOL! I have told a couple of them "No....YOU gave them your time."

ThyDevourer

Saving this thread for later as it seems to be awesome advice for the made guys (permanents) unfortunately as a seasonal I feel it would be a detriment to getting the FT spot. Good numbers until I'm in then coast is my plan.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
My god man...your posts are so freaking depressing. I found a avatar to fit you
eeyore-1.gif

bumped

I started focusing on the methods the day I got my own route. The best is when your followed for 30 minutes and all they could come up with was that I was carrying a 1 pound softball size box with one hand and not two.

I also wake up every morning without the stiffness or pain. Peak is just no different that June to me, except its colder.

I follow Orion street for street without care if it makes sense. Whatever, its what they want.

Overpaid Union Thug

I started focusing on the methods the day I got my own route. The best is when your followed for 30 minutes and all they could come up with was that I was carrying a 1 pound softball size box with one hand and not two.

I also wake up every morning without the stiffness or pain. Peak is just no different that June to me, except its colder.

I follow Orion street for street without care if it makes sense. Whatever, its what they want.

I've always heard we should call the police if followed. Scabs and supervisors were followed by strikers during the strike when they ran routes so UPS called the police. I guess it works both ways?