Fools Making Good Money But Broke

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
live within your means... i'm a lowly FXG drivah, but i haven't relied on working paycheck to paychek in years! side hustles ftw

ps: i do have to bring in my shoebox full of paychecks in this week since some will be voided out after 90 days, LoL (cheapo subcontractor doesn't want to enroll in direct deposit because they need the time buffer to make sure funds cleared from FXG to their bank)

bbsam

Staff member
I think about this when I hear that “consumers are optimistic about the economy”.

Maybe consumers are stupid.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
You see Gofundme accounts all the time set up to bury someone who dies with no insurance, no savings. They made good money but blew every cent.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You see Gofundme accounts all the time set up to bury someone who dies with no insurance, no savings. They made good money but blew every cent.
This will probably never change. Money management is not taught in schools. you get it from your parents for the most part, peer pressure , advertising.

I just want to blow it all before I die so the kids won't get it. It's gonna be hard though with this stock market.

bbsam

Staff member
Ah yes, this is where you explain the economy is actually terrible, Trump is terrible, America is terrible, the sky is falling....
Your TDS is flaring.
Consumer confidence as a stupid metric has been around for decades and really doesn’t tell a thing about the economy. Consumer confidence was always high...until it wasn’t. What was it in June of 2006?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Your TDS is flaring.
Consumer confidence as a stupid metric has been around for decades and really doesn’t tell a thing about the economy. Consumer confidence was always high...until it wasn’t. What was it in June of 2006?
Your TDS is flaring.
Consumer confidence is a metric to help predict future earnings. People who feel confident in the economy spend more. You're misattributing the purpose of the number.

bbsam

Staff member
Your TDS is flaring.
Consumer confidence is a metric to help predict future earnings. People who feel confident in the economy spend more. You're misattributing the purpose of the number.
You may be right. But I didn’t bring Trump up. You did. Again. TDS.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We have friends that spend everything and them some. They must be making over 180k. I don't think they save anything. They get take out just about every night. Every time something goes wrong they hit up the mother for money. She keeps bailing them out like a fool.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
We have friends that spend everything and them some. They must be making over 180k. I don't think they save anything. They get take out just about every night. Every time something goes wrong they hit up the mother for money. She keeps bailing them out like a fool.

Did I hear you say that there must be a catch?