For Whom The Bell Tolls

McFeely

Huge Member
The future is Ecommerce. Assuming they can even assemble a competitive delivery service w/ good wages & healthcare.

No need to offer good wages or healthcare. Make them "independent contractros" a la FXG and you don't have to provide benefits. If they make the service just tolerable enough, even the steady turnover won't matter as all they care about is saving money.

barnyard

KTM rider
My question would be: Is this the death blow to postal service?

Regionals will feel this. Amazon has no interest in rural routes or areas that are not as densely populated as a major metro.

If Amazon does this with contractors, fantastic. That will be good for everyone. If they do it by buying up a regional carrier and paying a bit more than contractor pay, they could turn into a formidable competitor.

Right now, Amazon touches over 50% of all online transactions. The number is higher than that, but my googlefu is not finding the article. I thought that that article stated that their goal was in the 90% range.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Lol. Honest self analyzing if tough for some people. Easy to see you're one of those people.
"A sociopath doesn't care about what is right and what is wrong and has a lack of conscience. They never recognize the rights of others and see their self-serving behaviors as permissible."

Easy to see you're one of those.

bacha29

Education, infrastructure, housing, social security, Medicare, upward mobility, wealth inequality, obesity, addiction epidemic, environment. I dunno just a few things lol.
Ok. Let's take a closer look. Many of the issues you brought up were addressed in London Johnson's Great Society agenda and would have been more forcefully impacted if it were not for the hundreds of billions that had to be spent in response to the Cold War created by Soviet aggression and expansionism in every part of the world. Not to mention the fact that we boomers all 78 million were the result of WWII which cost over 400,000 Americans their lives at a time when our total population was only 138 million while struggling through the worst depression in America's history. How would like to have been part of that generation?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Ok. Let's take a closer look. Many of the issues you brought up were addressed in London Johnson's Great Society agenda and would have been more forcefully impacted if it were not for the hundreds of billions that had to be spent in response to the Cold War created by Soviet aggression and expansionism in every part of the world. Not to mention the fact that we boomers all 78 million were the result of WWII which cost over 400,000 Americans their lives at a time when our total population was only 138 million while struggling through the worst depression in America's history. How would like to have been part of that generation?
Nice spin good job bud.
Jesus Christ you guys are sensitive about your garbage legacy. Relax bro you won't be around for the version of history we write for your generation so it won't matter.

The original comment was obviously tongue in cheek. Don't take yourself so seriously. Lulz.

bacha29

Nice spin good job bud.
Jesus Christ you guys are sensitive about your garbage legacy. Relax bro you won't be around for the version of history we write for your generation so it won't matter.

The original comment was obviously tongue in cheek. Don't take yourself so seriously. Lulz.
Indeed. The version of history your generation writes about my generation will be nothing more than an assessment of blame accusing my generation of having not done enough to create for your generation a Utopian existence

vantexan

Indeed. The version of history your generation writes about my generation will be nothing more than an assessment of blame accusing my generation of having not done enough to create for your generation a Utopian existence
Really, you'd think he'd appreciate your efforts to create utopia.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Nah, it won't be about what you failed to create. It will be about what was created for you, that you worked tirelessly to destroy for future generations. Thanks for playing.

Meat

Boomers are about personal responsibility. Millenials are about blaming others.

Easy to see which one you are.

Why wouldn’t Millennials blame your garbage generation for the sorry state this country is in?

Compare-and-contrast the before-and-after, and there is significant evidence that suggests your generation personifies the decline.

Personally, when I think about the advantages the Boomers had, and look at stats regarding the average retirement income they have, I get physically ill. They are unequivocally the worst generation this country has ever produced.

bacha29

Nah, it won't be about what you failed to create. It will be about what was created for you, that you worked tirelessly to destroy for future generations. Thanks for playing.
Why wouldn’t Millennials blame your garbage generation for the sorry state this country is in?

Compare-and-contrast the before-and-after, and there is significant evidence that suggests your generation personifies the decline.

Personally, when I think about the advantages the Boomers had, and look at stats regarding the average retirement income they have, I get physically ill. They are unequivocally the worst generation this country has ever produced.
When true historians not millennial malcontents look back at the history of the Boomers they will look at the events that shaped our generation including the single event that resulted in our being born in the first place as well as those that set in place US foreign and domestic policy before the Boomers took over. Fat retirement incomes you say? A report was made public not long ago that said that 62% of all Boomers have less than $ 50,000 in retirement funds on hand.

Meat

When true historians not millennial malcontents look back at the history of the Boomers they will look at the events that shaped our generation including the single event that resulted in our being born in the first place as well as those that set in place US foreign and domestic policy before the Boomers took over. Fat retirement incomes you say? A report was made public not long ago that said that 62% of all Boomers have less than $ 50,000 in retirement funds on hand.

I’m well aware of that report, Skippy. Why didn’t your generation save more? All the opportunity in the word, and a lowly millennial such as myself, already has way more than you’re :censored2:ed up generation - pathetic!!!!!