For Whom The Bell Tolls

bacha29

My age group entered the job market during the great recession. Nothing wrong with staying home a few years to get a leg up financially... but at this point there's really no excuse anymore. Some parents are enablers.
My generation entered the work force called Vietnam, assassinations the Cold War blazing, the Arab oil embargo, runaway inflation, (interest rates 15%) the complete destruction of a presidency, Iranian hostage situation, 2 full blown mid east wars one nearly resulted in a nuclear World War III and the beginning of the deindustrialization of America . Your generation is entering a new global economy at a reasonably peaceful time in the world compared to the past with far better opportunities if you have the formal education and job skills required in order to capitalize on them. And by far the single biggest advantage your generation has going for it is the collapse of the Soviet Union .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
My generation entered the work force called Vietnam, assassinations the Cold War blazing, the Arab oil embargo, runaway inflation, (interest rates 15%) the complete destruction of a presidency, Iranian hostage situation, 2 full blown mid east wars one nearly resulted in a nuclear World War III and the beginning of the deindustrialization of America .
Waaaaah!
Your generation is entering a new global economy at a reasonably peaceful time in the world compared to the past with far better opportunities if you have the formal education and job skills required in order to capitalize on them.
My generation entered the workforce over a decade ago. How were things going then? That's what I thought. Ttku.

And you know what, despite all the baby boomer complaining, we're still doing aight, thanks for your concern.
And by far the single biggest advantage your generation has going for it is the collapse of the Soviet Union .
Lol. Someone drank the Kool-Aid.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Just what opportunities are you talking about.?
far better opportunities if you have the formal education and job skills required in order to capitalize on them.
The opportunity for an affordable education and the ability to gain skills in a job market that isn't flooded with baby boomers who are going to have to work into their 80's because they lived like greedy pigs their entire lives.

Luckily most of you guys poisoned your bodies for decades so maybe you won't last too long.

dezguy

My parents bought their house for $5500, on a single income. Houses where I live are, on average, close to 3/4 of a million dollars. Rent is closing in on $2000/month.

There is a reason millenials are living in their parents basements.

vantexan

My generation entered the work force called Vietnam, assassinations the Cold War blazing, the Arab oil embargo, runaway inflation, (interest rates 15%) the complete destruction of a presidency, Iranian hostage situation, 2 full blown mid east wars one nearly resulted in a nuclear World War III and the beginning of the deindustrialization of America . Your generation is entering a new global economy at a reasonably peaceful time in the world compared to the past with far better opportunities if you have the formal education and job skills required in order to capitalize on them. And by far the single biggest advantage your generation has going for it is the collapse of the Soviet Union .
The single biggest advantage they have IMO is the largest generation in history is about cleared out of the way so plenty of opportunities for them if they'd look up from their phones once in awhile.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Drumpf doesn't want a parade to celebrate veterans. He wants a parade to celebrate our military weapons.
I'm surprised little Donnie made it this long without parading his toy soldiers around. I say let the guy stroke his ego as long as he does it here rather than abroad.

thedownhillEXPRESS

When true historians not millennial malcontents look back at the history of the Boomers they will look at the events that shaped our generation including the single event that resulted in our being born in the first place as well as those that set in place US foreign and domestic policy before the Boomers took over. Fat retirement incomes you say? A report was made public not long ago that said that 62% of all Boomers have less than $ 50,000 in retirement funds on hand.
LOL. Boomers are personally responsible but then you quote a report showing the opposite!?