Forced 1 hr lunch

Poop Head

Judge me.
I believe they do it because drivers are used to that peak money and slow down through the day because of that the company starts forcing a lunch that makes them tighten it up because they want to get off at the same time as usual and not an hour or 30 min later.
You think that many people are skipping lunch?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Is that a serious question?

I'm sure it varies by center but I'd didn't realize either that more than half (probably 75%) of my center doesn't take a lunch.
Once a week "splurge day" usually coinciding with an 8 hour dispatch. Then they throw down the hammer tomorrow and I am more than happy to spend my OT on caldo de rez in a sit-in restaraunt.

iruhnman630

I know many will disagree with me, but by supporting forced breaks you are essentially prioritizing work over personal life.

Breaks are not truly personal time at all. You are still on the job.

20 minutes is one thing, but an hour means getting to your personal life another 40 minutes later.

RMR46

If I wanna take a 30 min lunch and not an hour that should be my choice. They’re starting to force 1 hour lunch breaks to all drivers. Can they fire me for choosing to take 30 min? It seems unconstitutional for anyone to force me to take an hour when that isn’t needed. Our state law does not allow employers to force breaks upon anyone exceeding 30 min
Sure you can make it your choice take 30 minutes. FedEx d h l Amazon they'll let you take 30 minutes. I don't know about you but I'm on my route I need an hour I'm not lazy or anything but that's what we're entitled to and if you have to get home that bad.? And go do something else you signed up for this job you knew what it was . they did not recruit you you asked for the job you got it so just do it the way it's supposed to be done. Every guy and woman that skip lunch that's one one or two more drivers that we can have across the country. cuz you guys are going to be crying at the next contract about lunches about not working enough even because they're going to lose 21,000 fl friend* drivers because of Amazon and other businesses that are opening up to deliver.I have a lot of seniority but I could be one of them drivers to so take your :censored2:en lunch and shut up

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
3o7bugnstcnxNIh6gM.gif

RMR46

If I wanna take a 30 min lunch and not an hour that should be my choice. They’re starting to force 1 hour lunch breaks to all drivers. Can they fire me for choosing to take 30 min? It seems unconstitutional for anyone to force me to take an hour when that isn’t needed. Our state law does not allow employers to force breaks upon anyone exceeding 30 min
During your 30 minute lunch break don't forget to put mayo on your :censored2: sandwich just take an hour and be a man or a woman or whatever you are. 30,000 scabbers like you take their lunch a day say the $30,000 and skipping it you have any more drivers we can have on the road if everybody took their lunch

Poop Head

Judge me.
Why do people need to be forced to sit there for an hour? If I could take more than an hour I would…
Hell yeah brother. I think up to a 2 hour lunch would be reasonable. As long as it wouldnt affect service commits.
Sounds like you need more stops.
Who cares. Its not like were gonna see our kids anyways. Might as well have some time during the day to do stuff.
So you would sit there for 8 hours without getting paid?
Honestly, yes. But i wouldn't be sitting.