Forced 1 hr lunch

Saca La

What is it?
Wally this is what I’ve been saying since I joined this forum. If they were forced to pay you for your time vs not paying you. It would be more beneficial for your members, I would gladly and willingly take a lunch if they are paying for your time to sit there. But I guess people on here enjoy sitting for free since it’s their “OWN PERSONAL TIME”. If UPS had it their way you would be bringing a sleeping bag to work so that you weren’t late and you couldn’t leave until the work week is over then they could give you a weekend pass to go home. If they paid you it’d roughly be close to $200 extra a week and they would probably think twice about keeping you out til 10 when they have to pay you an hour for sitting b/c of DOT rules.
Your so spoiled you don’t even know

Buffet Master

FEEDAH FATTY
I eat my sandwich while driving about every night, so I technically have a paid lunch. It's my 45 minute nap that isn't paid. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to combine my nap and driving and then things will be tits.

Brownt10

It’s funny cause any other job would prolly give you like 15 minutes of break. And people complain about having 1 hr for YOUR time. People keep saying “what am I going to do sit in the truck and play with my thumbs?” We literally have all the entertainment right in our pockets. You mean to tell me you can’t sit back, relax , eat a snack and watch a movie or show for an hour.

SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW HOW GOOD THEY HAVE IT
It’s more so the fact that the company can enforce it when it’s convenient for them but never forced it during a peak season.

nWo

Ups wants everyone to take a lunch so we don't file a lawsuit against them claiming they wouldn't let us take our lunch.

Brownt10

It’s funny cause any other job would prolly give you like 15 minutes of break. And people complain about having 1 hr for YOUR time. People keep saying “what am I going to do sit in the truck and play with my thumbs?” We literally have all the entertainment right in our pockets. You mean to tell me you can’t sit back, relax , eat a snack and watch a movie or show for an hour.

SOME PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW HOW GOOD THEY HAVE IT
It’s more so the fact that the company can enforce it when it’s convenient for them but never forced it during a peak season.
They shouldn't have to enforce it at all. We should be taking it. Especially during peak.
key word there is should & I agree w/ you. However it’s messed up that there is a rule the company can flick like a light switch when they want to enforce it. Its either mandatory or it’s not.

Browntown2014

Lunch should be optional. You want to take it great take your hour. Want to get off early then don’t take it. Shouldn’t be “forced”. I guarantee the whole forced lunch is some weird agreement between the union and ups where ups pays us more but the union agreeing to the forced lunch language because they know most drivers work through their lunch and will work for free.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I eat my sandwich while driving about every night, so I technically have a paid lunch. It's my 45 minute nap that isn't paid. One of these days I'm going to figure out how to combine my nap and driving and then things will be tits.
You ever just shut it down and take a 2 hour nap….it’s so tits..love doing it

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
This has to be a package thing I’m not privy to. It doesn’t matter what time of the year it is, I don’t care if the apocalypse is happening, you take your meals here. I always saw you guys as the take-no-:censored2: kinda guys, why are you allowing this to go on?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
From personal experience, the people that take their full lunch at the same exact time and do the same exact routine every day tend to have a lighter dispatch or receive help. When you start skipping lunch, UPS sees that and gives you an hour+ more work.

You want to give me an impossible dispatch to make all business deliveries AND take a full lunch? Need help with commercial stops. Give them a month of this and it will change.

542thruNthru

Key word there is should & I agree w/ you. However it’s messed up that there is a rule the company can flick like a light switch when they want to enforce it. Its either mandatory or it’s not.
That's pretty much every method in the book as well. The company decides what to discipline for. Our job is just to do everything by the book as best as possible.

Just like how telematics doesn't matter until the company says it does.

Poop Head

Judge me.
That's pretty much every method in the book as well. The company decides what to discipline for. Our job is just to do everything by the book as best as possible.

Just like how telematics doesn't matter until the company says it does.
I swear they do it just to hear the guys piss and moan a out it. Lol

542thruNthru

I swear they do it just to hear the guys piss and moan a out it. Lol.
I believe they do it because drivers are used to that peak money and slow down through the day because of that the company starts forcing a lunch that makes them tighten it up because they want to get off at the same time as usual and not an hour or 30 min later.