Forced 1 hr lunch

Backdoordeals69

Because no one should work off the clock. If the company wants you to do more, then they should give you a paid lunch. I got a few paid lunches over the years, they hate doing it too. Just like guys that come in early too sort their trucks off the clock. Who are the helping? The company.
I get that you want to get home early, many feel the same way, but it is what it is. Some things are just part of the job.
I’m not talking about working off the clock Or coming in early to sort my truck. Two things that I will not do. The company just bends the rules for you to comply with what they want you to do just like now being able to sheet businesses as closed between 12-1 and after 5. So there really isn’t that leverage with break on 4th and 6th like their was before with commits and time allowances. That’s why the break should be optional or paid.

All of the younger drivers wonder how I got my route from 160 down to 130 or less. 15 minutes paid and 30 minutes lunch between 4th and 6th hour. When I do it like that it :censored2:s up dispatch's idea of my route and changes my pickup sequence. That's how. I take my last 15 minutes paid whenever I choose in the second half of my day.

When I go to cover feeder runs, these runner gunners get stuck with 160 after the second day. Lol

Backdoordeals69

All of the younger drivers wonder how I got my route from 160 down to 130 or less. 15 minutes paid and 30 minutes lunch between 4th and 6th hour. When I do it like that it :censored2:s up dispatch's idea of my route and changes my pickup sequence. That's how. I take my last 15 minutes paid whenever I choose in the second half of my day.

When I go to cover feeder runs, these runner gunners get stuck with 160 after the second day. Lol
I remember my 130 days. That’s way too much work for me. 70-80 stops feels nice. Again when you can sheet businesses between 12-1 and after 5 there really isn’t a sequence they need to follow. They will figure it out of how they want you to run it. The lunch doesn’t teach the company anything when it doesn’t matter when your sheeting your businesses. They can manipulate whatever route they want.

I remember my 130 days. That’s way too much work for me. 70-80 stops feels nice. Again when you can sheet businesses between 12-1 and after 5 there really isn’t a sequence they need to follow. They will figure it out of how they want you to run it. The lunch doesn’t teach the company anything when it doesn’t matter when your sheeting your businesses. They can manipulate whatever route they want.
TLDR

trash-opinion.gif

RetiredIE

Retirement is VASTLY underrated
If I wanna take a 30 min lunch and not an hour that should be my choice. They’re starting to force 1 hour lunch breaks to all drivers. Can they fire me for choosing to take 30 min? It seems unconstitutional for anyone to force me to take an hour when that isn’t needed. Our state law does not allow employers to force breaks upon anyone exceeding 30 min
Little know fact. When the Bill of Rights was originally conceived James Madison did include a provision to forbid companies to enforce breaks, but Patrick Henry got that eliminated almost right away. You could get a lawyer, sue UPS and take it all the way to the Supreme Court to establish a constitutional basis, but that seems like a lot of bother.

Seriously, you can choose whether or not you want to work at UPS, but you can't choose which rules you will or will not obey. What's worse, they can choose whether or not to enforce those rules depending on what makes their lives easier.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If I wanna take a 30 min lunch and not an hour that should be my choice. They’re starting to force 1 hour lunch breaks to all drivers. Can they fire me for choosing to take 30 min? It seems unconstitutional for anyone to force me to take an hour when that isn’t needed. Our state law does not allow employers to force breaks upon anyone exceeding 30 min
I guess you would hate this then…I take a 35 minute meal and 25 worth of breaks at my TA…then on the way back home stop somewhere and take an extra 40 minute nap put down as an additional meal…hour and forty minutes of just sitting there napping…love it.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
If I’m on lunch I’m not working. In my region it’s an hour lunch. I would have preferred a half hour but it’s not my call..Years ago when there was less scrutiny, we could take lunch whenever, now not so much. Either way, it’s contractual, it’s the law, and it’s a needed break. You may not think so now since you’re full of piss and vinegar, but you will sooner or later.

Interestingly I have heard they used to be much more strict about everyone taking an hour lunch. Now they pay for all time worked whether we take lunch or not. So everybody does whatever the hell they want. Some people skip it, some take a half hour, some take a 10 minute lunch and combine it with their two paid 10s. And everybody takes it whenever they feel like it. No rhyme or reason.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Interestingly I have heard they used to be much more strict about everyone taking an hour lunch. Now they pay for all time worked whether we take lunch or not. So everybody does whatever the hell they want. Some people skip it, some take a half hour, some take a 10 minute lunch and combine it with their two paid 10s. And everybody takes it whenever they feel like it. No rhyme or reason.
😂

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
Have either of these 69er boys (I know it’s the same person, just playing along) ever worked anywhere else? Good luck finding any job that will pay you to take a lunch break.