Forced 1 hr lunch

Dr.Brownz

If I wanna take a 30 min lunch and not an hour that should be my choice. They’re starting to force 1 hour lunch breaks to all drivers. Can they fire me for choosing to take 30 min? It seems unconstitutional for anyone to force me to take an hour when that isn’t needed. Our state law does not allow employers to force breaks upon anyone exceeding 30 min

If your states law says that then follow the law. If UPS tries something sue them for not complying with state law

542thruNthru

OMG.gif

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Tangent, who is the gorgeous black lab in your profile pic?
That is Gosline, my wife's first guide dog that she got last week. I have never seen a dog as smart as her. They start training at six weeks and it takes eighteen months until they are ready. It's amazing what she can do.

Underallowed306

Not sure about the language in certain supplements, but it is an OSHA mandate that an employee must take an hour break for every 8 hours worked and a 30 minute break if working over 6 hours. You can typically show a half hour lunch as long as you don’t work over 8 hours.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Not sure about the language in certain supplements, but it is an OSHA mandate that an employee must take an hour break for every 8 hours worked and a 30 minute break if working over 6 hours. You can typically show a half hour lunch as long as you don’t work over 8 hours.
I was unaware, thank you for sharing this.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't the law state that employers must allow up to 1 hour lunch per 8 hours worked, not necessarily the employee MUST take an hour.

babboo25

Banned
What? Local 710 only has to show “some” lunch, take 1-10 minutes/10 minute paid and still get home after 6. Sorry I’d rather be at home or at kids sports/school events than sitting in my truck posting on the corner bar on brown cafe.