MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Can someone point me to the the Article and Section of the Contract that says UPS can force us to work 60 hours and then be forced to be a helper. Thanks.
I know you’re in my building. I heard one of shop stewards saying this morning that our local wasn’t gonna let them use us as helpers if you’re out of DOT hours.

Jasoonis

Maybe everyone should read the contract and stop being such pushovers and accusing others of being whiny and lazy. We negotiated a contract and the company should uphold their end of the negotiations.

Our Local States
Article 54 Section 1
(a) The workweek shall consist of any five (5) consecutive days of
eight hours or any four (4) days of (10) hours each, exclusive of meal
period. (except as provided in sub-section (l) below)

Well that's pretty straight forward. 5 days is a work week, where does it say you are forced to work 6 or even 7. It does not.

Subsection (b) States:
Employees shall be required, if needed by the Employer, to work in
excess of eight (8) hours in any day or forty (40) hours in any week

Ok so obviously yeah with DOT hours you can't work more than 14 in a day 70 in a week, but still nothing about a 6th day or forced to be a runner.

So I don't see why everyone wants to come at me for reading the contract and refusing to be taken advantage of by the company. 5 consecutive days, 8hrs+ if needed, 14 Hours Max.

I will give the company 60Hrs a week during peak, I get it, but it's not my fault they want to be cute and try to cut corners and run drivers into the ground. We have a contract for a reason, we have a union for a reason, and sorry if I refuse to roll over and just suck it up.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
9B162234-188E-4FAB-9CD4-01C0A9E2BAB4.gif
Maybe everyone should read the contract and stop being such pushovers and accusing others of being whiny and lazy. We negotiated a contract and the company should uphold their end of the negotiations.

Our Local States
Article 54 Section 1

Well that's pretty straight forward. 5 days is a work week, where does it say you are forced to work 6 or even 7. It does not.

Subsection (b) States:

Ok so obviously yeah with DOT hours you can't work more than 14 in a day 70 in a week, but still nothing about a 6th day or forced to be a runner.

So I don't see why everyone wants to come at me for reading the contract and refusing to be taken advantage of by the company. 5 consecutive days, 8hrs+ if needed, 14 Hours Max.

I will give the company 60Hrs a week during peak, I get it, but it's not my fault they want to be cute and try to cut corners and run drivers into the ground. We have a contract for a reason, we have a union for a reason, and sorry if I refuse to roll over and just suck it up.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Our Local States
Article 54 Section 1

Subsection (b) States:

Why are you arguing with people from all over the country with different contract language?

What's your BA say?

That's the only phone call you really need to make.