Forced 6th day punch

Thebrownblob

Central pa
And it was grieved, taken to a panel and approved? Or if people just assume they can be forced? Like I said, most of the discipline rhetoric was mostly a paper tiger. The company couldn’t even afford to fire drivers for not coming in Saturday for much of the last five years. And how much overtime are we talking about like an hour a day or a whole other shift?

Crosscutters

And it was grieved, taken to a panel and approved? Or if people just assume they can be forced? Like I said, most of the discipline rhetoric was mostly a paper tiger. The company couldn’t even afford to fire drivers for not coming in Saturday for much of the last five years. And how much overtime are we talking about like an hour a day or a whole other shift?
Union wouldn’t even fight it. Said they could force. it’s now now even in the new agreement again. Union said the company wouldn’t budge.

BobJ

The Local said that they can force 6th day from the bottom of the seniority list.

Most weeks the top 10%-20% don't work, but the bottom 80% have been working Mon-Sat for the past year.

BobJ

Bottom 80% seems extreme.
The 80% refers to PTer's.

However, since they laid off the 22.4's most drivers have to deliver Saturdays now. The last two weekends required 100% of drivers. Usually, only the guys over 30yrs seniority have been lucky enough to stay home.

I guess if you include 22.4 layoffs, which are probably 40% of drivers, then they are just forcing the 60% that are left to work 6 days.

Thebrownblob

The 80% refers to PTer's.

However, since they laid off the 22.4's most drivers have to deliver Saturdays now. The last two weekends required 100% of drivers. Usually, only the guys over 30yrs seniority have been lucky enough to stay home.

I guess if you include 22.4 layoffs, which are probably 40% of drivers, then they are just forcing the 60% that are left to work 6 days.
What kind of Saturday operation do you run that you need that many part timers? We’ve never forced part-timers to work a shift other than their own here. They asked for volunteers, but that’s it.

BobJ

What kind of Saturday operation do you run that you need that many part timers? We’ve never forced part-timers to work a shift other than their own here. They asked for volunteers, but that’s it.

Saturdays are just like any other day.(mostly)
Although, Preload usually lasts 1 less hr (3am- 8am) and drivers get back around 5pm instead of 9pm on Saturday.

The other shifts get to volunteer to either work Sunday or Friday for their 6th.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Our center manager said “ peaks different “ when questioned on the new no forced day on scheduled day off….?

pretty sure it says it pretty clearly in the contract…
🧔‍♂️✊

Thebrownblob

Our center manager said “ peaks different “ when questioned on the new no forced day on scheduled day off….?

pretty sure it says it pretty clearly in the contract…
🧔‍♂️✊
Tell him to read the new contract and show you where it says it’s different. Then politely tell him to get measured for Brown’s that fit. And also have some pretty cool things to give away to entice people to volunteer.😂