Forced lunches

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You know it's pretty much all driving only That's what they use them here for

If there is a widespread abuse of that, it will be addressed in the next contract.

Well we all knew that would happen. Ups wasn't going to pay someone driver wages to load cars when they can use them as a discount ground driver instead.

UPS always agrees to contract language they don't like, and then.... tries to

get what they wanted through the grievance procedure or arbitration.

It's their "age old" tactic.

They've been doing it since 1997 and the 22.3 jobs.

If there is a widespread abuse of that, it will be addressed in the next contract.

UPS always agrees to contract language they don't like, and then.... tries to

get what they wanted through the grievance procedure or arbitration.

It's their "age old" tactic.

They've been doing it since 1997 and the 22.3 jobs.
Seriously that's all they do is drive

542thruNthru

I would love to believe that if it wasn't for language like this...
Screenshot_20200421-074258_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Zowert

Just take your lunch man, it’s the law in most states. If you absolutely have to be productive during lunch then sort your truck during that 30 min, have every address lined up in order so when you get off lunch you breeze through the second half of your day. I don’t recommend doing any kind of work on your lunch break but I understand where you’re coming from.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Just take your lunch man, it’s the law in most states. If you absolutely have to be productive during lunch then sort your truck during that 30 min, have every address lined up in order so when you get off lunch you breeze through the second half of your day. I don’t recommend doing any kind of work on your lunch break but I understand where you’re coming from.
He should get a job with banker hours if he NEEDS to be off early every day. He makes us all look bad by working through or working on his lunch. When you are off the clock, DO NOT WORK!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He should get a job with banker hours if he NEEDS to be off early every day. He makes us all look bad by working through or working on his lunch. When you are off the clock, DO NOT WORK!

...and when you are on the clock do the job the way that you were trained, which includes bring OS pkgs to the front door...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I jokingly asked my former center manager for a 6.5 hour dispatch for my last day. He said that he couldn't do that but he did lighten me up by moving some of my pickups. I ended up flying through the day and asked for the pickups back. Was still punched out and gone early.