Forced to work 63.5 hrs

Oceanview

One year in welcome to the jungle. We all know the reality we make good money and have great benefits. If it’s too much to handle leave and find a better suited gig... you’re getting the hours, experience, pension/ retirement contributions......

Honestly it doesn’t bother me.. I just filed 12 grievances this morning and have 3 more to file tomorrow one for sup taking stops off another driver and 2 for separate air drivers taking stops off another driver.. I just decided im going to bury them in grievances every day since supervisors want to work everyday and have air drivers deliver ground packages..

a911scanner

I’ve only been with the company for 1year so no 9.5 protection

I can’t get on the 9.5 list

His situation may be a tough battle. Company will claim he isn't on the same route everyday. They may win that also being that Saturday he technically is on a different route.

You are eligible to be on the 9.5 list right now.

You are protected from UPS trying to tell you it's not the same route, as they re-assigned you.

The answers are all right here in Art 37 of the current (recently expired) NMA

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employ- ee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

Oceanview

You are eligible to be on the 9.5 list right now.

You are protected from UPS trying to tell you it's not the same route, as they re-assigned you.

The answers are all right here in Art 37 of the current (recently expired) NMA

Employees within the full-time driver classification shall be eligible for the protection of this Section provided: (1) the employee covers a route for a full week; (2) the employee bids or is assigned to cover a route for a full week but is prevented from completing that bid or assignment due to reassignment by the Employer; or (3) an employ- ee with four (4) years of seniority as a full-time package driver.

Thank you so much!!! I just filed another 7 grievances today..

In the last 7 work days I’ve filed over 24 grievances for sups and lower seniority workers working Monday and 3 grievances for harassment

twoweeled

follow the methods, work at a safe pace, take your full lunch every day, file grievances for harassing behavior

rinse and repeat until they stop or you're rich
That's about the best advice. If you wanna play, drivers have to document, over and over again. They just don't get it. It's a commitment, if you wanna play with management. It can be done, but this guy sounds too new.

twoweeled

I’d love to see them explain how they forced me to work and I ended up passing out and getting hurt. They wouldn’t be explaining it to me they’d be explaining it to Osha and my attorney in a lawsuit
1. Have you ever retain an attorney and pursed a lawsuit against UPS? How did that go?
2. Have you ever contacted OSHA? Filed a complaint with OSHA? How did that go?

twoweeled

I’d love to see them explain how they forced me to work and I ended up passing out and getting hurt. They wouldn’t be explaining it to me they’d be explaining it to Osha and my attorney in a lawsuit
1. Have you ever retain an attorney and pursed a lawsuit against UPS? How did that go?
3. Ever contacted a Labor Attorney? How did that go?

Smashmouth

Great minds think alike.. I went in this morning to see if they had any trainees working and sure enough they did running routes by themselves. There’s 2 grievances for tomorrow. Not offering me work and for having a non seniority driver work over me.. I plan on working 70hrs this week and for weeks to come. This is chess not checkers. I’m ready to call the police on suspicious cars following me as well. Not to mention I won’t be fixing Orion’s mistakes any more. I’ll send my message in at 13:30 pm to ask about business remaining and business saver she if they don’t send me all of my business I will certainly have business failures.

I won’t lie I was only upset cuz i went out the night prior and was out til 4am partying.. but I won’t make that mistake again to think they won’t force the I can work 14hrs a day.. this week I’m prepared for 70hrs

@Indecisi0n it’s been 2 weeks man why am I still on the mod watch list?

70 hours!!...go get ‘em young blood! I wouldnt have to tell them Im going home sick, I wouldnt have to say I hurt myself....the ambulance would already be there taking me away!

twoweeled

There's a law firm here that loves suing UPS. Got them for over million and half last year
There's a law firm here that loves suing UPS. Got them for over million and half last year
And you're still working, or retired I would assume?
I take it there have been other's who have sued them? Did they also win suits in the close to million dollar range (each driver)?

I love to hear this kinda stuff!

john chesney

Yes to all of the above.
I’m not going to get into any details however I found Osha to be very professional and their investigation very serious.
You must have a solid case and it can be difficult to sue ups.
I will say decisions by the state and national panels are looked at as legal and binding.

john chesney

Btw I’ve also filed state Eeoc charges and nlrb charges against ups and the union. Also contacted DOJ and met with investigators

twoweeled

Yes to all of the above.
I’m not going to get into any details however I found Osha to be very professional and their investigation very serious.
You must have a solid case and it can be difficult to sue ups.
I will say decisions by the state and national panels are looked at as legal and binding.
I only ask, because I have personally pursued a few of these avenues. At least in my area, easier said than done. The short of it is; The violations have to be more than blatant. Seems they have to be almost malicious and with blatant disregard. Not the correct legal jargon, but just seemed to need to reach such a high level of malicious disregard. On top of that. Unless it's a slam shut case, Attorney's will want a retainer. On top of that. When pursuing government entities, they'll want you to exhaust your Union avenues first. I think this is where it works for the company to have the Union. Deals and problems can be fixed before being exposed to the government. I've also seen Attorney's take a case. After awhile, the attorney seems to wanna just sorta,,,,,disappear. The short of it. Not that it can't be done, but it can and probably will be cumbersome to say the least. I like to hear the stories of successes. But they are few are far between. Usually seem to have a gag order attached. There are probably a lot more success stories in management, than hourly in the area of lawsuits. Glad to hear when someone is successful. That's the only thing UPS understands.

twoweeled

Btw I’ve also filed state Eeoc charges and nlrb charges against ups and the union. Also contacted DOJ and met with investigators
I've also contacted the NLRB. short. Exhaust all avenues with your Union. Sometimes easy, sometimes not. (for me).
I've contacted EEOC. They seemed a lot more receptive (in my case).
I've Never contacted the DOJ! Damn, you had something going there!!

twoweeled

Honestly it doesn’t bother me.. I just filed 12 grievances this morning and have 3 more to file tomorrow one for sup taking stops off another driver and 2 for separate air drivers taking stops off another driver.. I just decided im going to bury them in grievances every day since supervisors want to work everyday and have air drivers deliver ground packages..
Good work, Driver. People don't realize how important the paper trail can become, later on if poop it's the fan. They don't like you! :sad-very: LOL!