Forced to work

PT with a life

we had a guy at me center who signed up for saturday air. They would sometimes ask him if he would drive air during the week for various reason. Told them he couldnt do it, just saturdays. Will saturdays they had enough people to drive. So they just took him off the air driving list.
But they dont do the same to pm air drivers. Just am. So if i can can be forced so can they right? Or vise versa, i can refuse? Anyone know the actual contract rules? As i stated before, we currently dont have a steward to ask.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
But they dont do the same to pm air drivers. Just am. So if i can can be forced so can they right? Or vise versa, i can refuse? Anyone know the actual contract rules? As i stated before, we currently dont have a steward to ask.
senority rules, your best bet is to call your union hall or just tell them to take you off the list

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Is the late air all due to the airport expansion work?
From what we've been told it has been late inbounds from the gateways and staffing issues. There has been talk of pulling back departure times from gateways to Louisville by 45 minutes.

ATC around Louisville does an extremely impressive job of getting traffic in and out

PT with a life

From what we've been told it has been late inbounds from the gateways and staffing issues. There has been talk of pulling back departure times from gateways to Louisville by 45 minutes.

ATC around Louisville does an extremely impressive job of getting traffic in and out
All they did was add 45 min too late everyday. So plane arrives on time there, but 1hr too late for us.

PT with a life

Louisville just changed arrival time as far as we can see from here. But only to suit them. Hurts all the rest of us!

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Louisville just changed arrival time as far as we can see from here. But only to suit them. Hurts all the rest of us!
I'd be willing to bet they didn't change a thing it's just late everyday.

Not to mention it doesn't benefit them, because they still get hit for the service failures when air doesn't make it.

PT with a life

Look, its so bad here that we have 1 air driver with a badge for airport. Thats me, and 5 set to go to school that dont even have 30 days in company. 5 people quit in the last month and full timers are dropping like flies! Some retiring, most for suspensions and pending firings, and some for medical from being overworked. Average our ft drivers have 185 plus stops a day. Most are 10 to 12 hours a day. And my center still hates tattoos, so some of us are in winter uniforms in...what was it yesterday when i was working 7 hrs on a sat as a pt air... 93 degrees! Who would sign up for that? Me, a 47 yr old that got laid off and is supporting a family that ups cares nothing about... I need my full time job, but i need the benefits the union provides my family

PT with a life

I'd be willing to bet they didn't change a thing it's just late everyday.

Not to mention it doesn't benefit them, because they still get hit for the service failures when air doesn't make it.
Makes sense. But flight aware app changed the scheduled time. Which should be my base for when to arrive at work, according to my center.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Makes sense. But flight aware app changed the scheduled time. Which should be my base for when to arrive at work, according to my center.
Flightaware initially pulls the flight plan for what is scheduled, but pushes the times when the flight plan isn't opened.

It's probably scheduled for say a 630AM departure. But if it isn't opened by 625 they push it to 640, 645, and so on.