Founders Day. Something's up besides doughnuts

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Great. Nothing I hate more than being delayed hitting the road on a Friday....

No worries, look on the bright side.

-There will be several if not many routes cut, and those extra drivers will not be delayed hitting the road that day. Less drivers being delayed = good business.

-It's Friday!

-Also, Hopefully the Sox game is still on when you get done! :biting::wink2:

helenofcalifornia

And would that not be the final nail in the coffin? The last vestige to the past. Jim Casey now just a dim memory for the old timers and a big question mark for the remaining 85%.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
August 28th but will be celebrated on Friday August 27th.

There is talk that it will be changed in a couple of years to November 12 (IPO date) to recognize the new company.

You could be on to something. There is something odd going on. Secret materials, secret meetings, rumors...

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Thats the way I remembered him too when I met him.

I saw him taking a tour in our building (late 70's, early 80's) I was working in in Anaheim Ca. I was a part time kid at the time and didn't really think too much of it until I learned more about him later..

I'm not too sure how he would feel about the Nov 10th going public date in general but I dont really think he'd change Founders day!:happy2:

Last edited:

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
The packet contains a coupon for a donut and a small coffee !!! But next year they will stop this expense all together !! gobble gobble hint hint Christmas come to mind ??

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Was the last year for the bonus 1987? I'm not sure if I'm not old enough or if I'm too old to remember :wink2:

It was something like that. The part timers got $500 and the full timers got $1000($660 after taxes). It was a nice little bonus to do Christmas shopping with. The union didn't like it, we lost it so that it could added into the hourly raise.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Christmas 1989 was the last year of the bonus ..not many of us old farts left here that remember that!!
Where is the horse gone? where the rider?
Where the giver of treasure?
Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup!
Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night,
as if it had never been.