Founders Day. Something's up besides doughnuts

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
You put gas ON the plane no wonder you had to change jobs...... LOL

I have always wondered how cold can it be and still have the de-icing they use on planes work.

Coldest I have ever been a lovely winter in Minot.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You put gas ON the plane no wonder you had to change jobs...... LOL

I have always wondered how cold can it be and still have the de-icing they use on planes work.

Coldest I have ever been a lovely winter in Minot.

In the Air Force they call Minot AFB "Why Not Minot".

I only spent the first few years of my Air Force time refueling planes. As I moved up in rank I was given more responsibility. I enjoyed my time in the service.

iowa boy

I know, they all shrunk !! There's a 'shrinkage' problem with the ice cream!!

It all started years ago when they took those huge boxes of powdered laundry detergent and made them smaller and said they were more concentrated. We still used the same amount. It's crazy marketing.....crazy like a fox!

More,

The shrinkage problem is related to ice cream, its related to the cold.:devil3:
Although Big Baboo claims to not have a problem with that....:happy-very:

Sorry Big, gotta give you a hard time about that.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you ever stop at the 440th or 128th in Wisconsin?

No. I know that we don't have any active duty bases there so I assume it is a guard unit.

I spent 2 years here at the 380th (Plattsburgh), which is where I got married, 1 year in Sicily, and then 4 years in Lubbock, TX, which is where the kids were born.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
In the Air Force they call Minot AFB "Why Not Minot".

I only spent the first few years of my Air Force time refueling planes. As I moved up in rank I was given more responsibility. I enjoyed my time in the service.

Startigic Air Command SAC.

Peace is our Profession, War is just a hobby.

I only spent 18 months in the AF broke my ankle pretty bad wound up with a Medical Discharge. After that I got to come to work at UPS.

But I did end the cold war as in the 18 months I served it only took 16 months for me to scare the USSR so much that thay took down the Berlin Wall, so I got that going for me which is nice lol.

JonFrum

Supply and demand determines housing prices. Saying politics controls housing prices in a speciific area makes as much sense as saying hot dogs cost more at the Baseball park due to religion.

Housing prices are determined largely by the availability of income. Low income areas have low housing prices. High income areas have high housing prices.
The Free Market, Supply & Demand, determine everything. The Iron-clad Laws of Economics are always in force. But in the big cities, where Liberalism has been in control for decades, bad economic policies distort, supress, and overlay Free Market forces.

That hot dog will cost more if the ballpark allows religion to govern the manufacturing process. The requirement that a hot dog be Kosher will add unnecessary steps and expense so the hot dog will cost more.

If a Bastion of Liberalism declares itself a Sanctuary City, for example, Free Market forces will be distorted by an influx of poor people who need food, clothing, shelter, medical care, entertainment, etc. They can't pay for it so someone else has to. To make matters worse, since the "Illegals" are illegal, almost everything they do is done illegally. The Cost of Living will be higher in that area even if the Left-wing voters don't understand why.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
I heard a rumour that all the Stewards and 10,000+ Brown Cafe Posters were targeted for Lay-offs in the next few months.

Of course this is just a rumour, but you know how these things play out.... I dunno'....

P

pickup

Startigic Air Command SAC.

Peace is our Profession, War is just a hobby.

I only spent 18 months in the AF broke my ankle pretty bad wound up with a Medical Discharge. After that I got to come to work at UPS.

But I did end the cold war as in the 18 months I served it only took 16 months for me to scare the USSR so much that thay took down the Berlin Wall, so I got that going for me which is nice lol.

+ 25 for the caddy shack reference at the end of the post. "Oh Mr. Gopher ..."

tieguy

Banned
The Free Market, Supply & Demand, determine everything. The Iron-clad Laws of Economics are always in force. But in the big cities, where Liberalism has been in control for decades, bad economic policies distort, supress, and overlay Free Market forces.

That hot dog will cost more if the ballpark allows religion to govern the manufacturing process. The requirement that a hot dog be Kosher will add unnecessary steps and expense so the hot dog will cost more.

If a Bastion of Liberalism declares itself a Sanctuary City, for example, Free Market forces will be distorted by an influx of poor people who need food, clothing, shelter, medical care, entertainment, etc. They can't pay for it so someone else has to. To make matters worse, since the "Illegals" are illegal, almost everything they do is done illegally. The Cost of Living will be higher in that area even if the Left-wing voters don't understand why.

what have you done with the real jonfrum that can only come up with grade school name calling in response?

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes

So the influx of poor people due to Liberalism will cause housing prices to rise? Maybe taxes rise as a result, but housing would be negatively affected. Everywhere I've ever seen that was overrun with an influx of poor people was called a ghetto. The housing prices in a ghetto are not typically higher than the surrounding area.

I'm not a supporter of the liberal minded politicians, but your post is an argument in itself.

iowa boy

Corn, my friends, corn !!!!!

That's what Iowa has plenty of. (Suppose to be really good, too) !

Corn out the wazoo this year, and grass fed cows. Grass fed cows make for the best steaks you can get. Gotta love a good steak.:happy-very:

Oh and lets not forget the 17 plus inches of rain we have had since June 1. Along with that we now have the Texas sized mosquitos to deal with.

browniehound

Corn out the wazoo this year, and grass fed cows. Grass fed cows make for the best steaks you can get. Gotta love a good steak.:happy-very:

Oh and lets not forget the 17 plus inches of rain we have had since June 1. Along with that we now have the Texas sized mosquitos to deal with.

Sorry Iowaboy, I meant no offense. I don't even know why I chose Iowa as an example. I just wanted apologize. I could have easily said Idaho. I don't even know if the cost of living in Iowa is any less than Massachusetts. I base my assumptions on things that are no so scientific so I could be way off base here. I watch HGTV channel and I see people buying houses with 3 bedrooms for under $220,000 in North Carolina. In Massachusetts, $220,000 MIGHT get you a studio apartment condo.

So I was thinking if I lived in N. Carolina, I could have a large house and extra cash with my $30/hour job, but here in Massachusetts I live in an 2 bedroom apartment and eat a lot of pasta and bread. Thanks for listening and I'm not complaining because I like here, I'm just sayin'...

bbsam

Staff member
JonFrum--

That hot dog at the ball park at $6.50 will only rise in cost by pennies in your scenario. In contrast the price paid by the consumer at said ball park will rise to $7.50 with the excuse given that "religious and other socio-political forces have caused a change in our business practices." The true change of course being that the producer now has a reason to increase profit. As you said, supply and demand is at work at all times, but that does not preclude one from price gouging. I mean really, what hot dog is worth $6.50 in the first place? That is not liberalism. Liberalism would cap the price of the scrap floor delicacy at $0.48, $0.18 of it going to advertising letting folks know how bad hot dogs are for them. This is capitalism in it's coldest fashion. Coming soon: condiments extra.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Sorry Iowaboy, I meant no offense. I don't even know why I chose Iowa as an example. I just wanted apologize. I could have easily said Idaho. I don't even know if the cost of living in Iowa is any less than Massachusetts. I base my assumptions on things that are no so scientific so I could be way off base here. I watch HGTV channel and I see people buying houses with 3 bedrooms for under $220,000 in North Carolina. In Massachusetts, $220,000 MIGHT get you a studio apartment condo.

So I was thinking if I lived in N. Carolina, I could have a large house and extra cash with my $30/hour job, but here in Massachusetts I live in an 2 bedroom apartment and eat a lot of pasta and bread. Thanks for listening and I'm not complaining because I like here, I'm just sayin'...

Here in Kansas I live in a 1400sq. ft. home with a full finished basement. 3 bedrooms 2 bath up. 1 bedroom 1 bath and large rec room with pool table and big screen tv with surround sound down. I had it built 15 years ago for $89,000. Would sell now for about $160,000. Things are deffinately cheaper in the midwest!!!

Oh yea! We are a single income family with 2 teenagers. Daughter 14 and son 16!! It's a good life on my income alone. My wife is a full time college student as well, and we never borrowed a cent to pay for it!!