Four dead Americans after ambush

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I guess trump did a good job of distracting everyone from the question of why the guy was in Africa in the first place.

CIA and military training foreign fighters, gun running, and meddling in their politics. Sound familiar? Nah, what could go wrong?!

Make Africa Great Again
America first my ass

vantexan

I guess trump did a good job of distracting everyone from the question of why the guy was in Africa in the first place.

CIA and military training foreign fighters, gun running, and meddling in their politics. Sound familiar? Nah, what could go wrong?!

Make Africa Great Again
America first my ass
Probably training them to resist Islamist insurgents.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Well if you knew that why are you being critical of them? It's a legit concern in that part of the world.
Ttku Jane
What, not conservative enough for you?
Conservative enough? It's not conservative at all. Not surprised a liberal like you supports foreign intervention.

Gear

Parts on Order
Unless something has changed, she felt insulted.

What did you understand her feelings to be?

Id imagine she is upset, like any other spouse. It seems like the only ones talking about his death are the congresswomen and his mother. The wife seems to be staying out of the political garbage. Maybe she is honoring his wishes. I dont know, but her opinion matters, not the other 2.

"He knows what he signed up for."
People are going nuts over this statement. The statement is completely true. The guy is a Green Beret during wartime. It takes alot of balls to do what he was doing. He was a bad mother. He died doing what he loved. He wasn't some naive little boy selling baseball tickets. He was a Green Beret serving his country and died fighting. Just a bad mother. Thats how he should be remembered.

Last edited by a moderator:

BrownArmy

So, the Trump administration puts Chad on the travel ban: anyone with knowledge about Africa thinks that's insane. They're an ally, and by all reports it was a simple bureaucratic mistake.

Chad takes offense and reacts, withdrawing its troops from Niger.

Interesting.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Mr. Kelly took to the lectern in the White House briefing room Thursday to defend President Trump’s handling of a condolence call to a widow of one of the soldiers killed in Niger and to attack Ms. Wilson as selfish and politically motivated for her criticism. To bolster that characterization, he offered up his remembrance of the dedication of the FBI building in memory of two FBI agents who had been killed in the line of duty. He claimed Ms. Wilson used the occasion to take unseemly credit for securing federal funding for the building. “We were stunned,” he said, “stunned that she had done it. Even for someone that is that empty a barrel, we were stunned.”
But, as a video by the Florida Sun Sentinel of Ms. Wilson’s remarks that day shows, Mr. Kelly got it all wrong. She did not say she got money for the building. She was generous and graceful in sharing credit for how legislation naming the building was fast-tracked. And she spent most of her nine-minute speech praising the FBI agents killed in a gunfight with drug dealers: “Today it is our patriotic duty to lift up Special Agent Benjamin Grogan and Special Agent Jerry Dove from the streets of South Florida and place their names and pictures high, where the world will know that we are proud of their sacrifice, sacrifice for our nation.”

John Kelly owes the congresswoman an apology

Sportello

I started this thread on October 9, and the usual suspects tried to derail the thread. Suddenly it's the biggest news story out there.

BTW, tRUmp is golfing while La David Johnson is being laid to rest.