Four dead Americans after ambush

floridays

US forces in deadly Niger ambush were on kill or capture mission: report

We will agree to disagree on a philosophical matter. There is no absolute truth in an ideology.

Myeshia Johnson deserved the truth. It was bound to come out eventually. The truth is always the best course.

I'm sure her grief has become unimaginable with this new revelation. She didn't deserve this extra suffering,she should have been told the truth from the start. Didn't we learn from the Tillman debacle?
The time to divulge the information is the critical component though. I will await for Mrs. Johnson to proclaim that a news article was her first information of the particulars of her husbands demise. If it is her initial news, I totally agree that it is wrong. Dead is dead, no need to give all the horrible details before one honors their lost.

Sportello

Banned
The time to divulge the information is the critical component though. I will await for Mrs. Johnson to proclaim that a news article was her first information of the particulars of her husbands demise. If it is her initial news, I totally agree that it is wrong. Dead is dead, no need to give all the horrible details before one honors their lost.
I guess you didn't follow the news at the time.

I pray Myeshia Johnson never has to make a public proclamation again.

BTW, no one said Myeshia Johnson found out from the news.

floridays

I guess you didn't follow the news at the time.

I pray Myeshia Johnson never has to make a public proclamation again.

BTW, no one said Myeshia Johnson found out from the news.
I thought that was your claim, or where you were steering in the post I responded to. For the sake of intent or accuracy we both need to reread your post.

Sportello

Banned
Well, it seems as though the Pentagon forgot to tell Myeshia Johnson that all of her husband's body wasn't in the coffin. She was right to question them. Why didn't they tell her up front that it wasn't all there? Head missing?

I thought that was your claim, or where you were steering in the post I responded to. For the sake of intent or accuracy we both need to reread your post.

When the body was returned, Myeshia Johnson was not told it was not complete, or what was missing. She was only strongly encouraged not to look at his remains. There is video, look it up. She wanted to touch him one more time.

They should have told her the truth.

To question that really reveals a lot about you. What other names do you post under?

floridays

When the body was returned, Myeshia Johnson was not told it was not complete, or what was missing. She was only strongly encouraged not to look at his remains. There is video, look it up. She wanted to touch him one more time.

To question that really reveals a lot about you. What other names do you post under?

Been there before with you, absolutely none. Can you get that through that beautiful, strong thick skull, that an Adonis face is hung on. Don't want to break TOS.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well, it seems as though the Pentagon forgot to tell Myeshia Johnson that all of her husband's body wasn't in the coffin. She was right to question them. Why didn't they tell her up front that it wasn't all there? Head missing?
As long as he has one foot in the grave, I don’t think it matters.
BDM

Gear

Parts on Order

You obviously never served during wartime. If the military suggests you dont look at the remains its because it isn't fully there or so mutilated its unrecognizable. I would think most family members of a wartime servicemember would understand that.

Before I went overseas I told my wife if the Marines say dont look in the casket, dont look in the casket and believe Im dead. If you run over an IED, there's a good chance you're coming home in bags. Unless another guy gets out a shover, some parts will be missing. Not something your love ones need to see. But it is something that goes along with war. The military isnt holding bake sales over there.

Dont look at the remains means your love one is in pieces. Is it was it is.

Sportello

Banned
You obviously never served during wartime. If the military suggests you dont look at the remains its because it isn't fully there or so mutilated its unrecognizable. I would think most family members of a wartime servicemember would understand that.

Before I went overseas I told my wife if the Marines say dont look in the casket, dont look in the casket and believe Im dead. If you run over an IED, there's a good chance you're coming home in bags. Unless another guy gets out a shover, some parts will be missing. Not something your love ones need to see. But it is something that goes along with war. The military isnt holding bake sales over there.

Yep, except they didn’t mention his head was missing. Now she knows and has to re-live it again.

Gear

Parts on Order
Yep, except they didn’t mention his head was missing. Now she knows and has to re-live it again.

I wouldn't expect them to tell her he's head is missing. There is no point telling her, he died serving his country. Dont look at the remains means he is missing parts or mutilated. War is blood and guts, its sick and twisted. Metal tears through bodies like a hot knife through butter. No need to discuss specifics with the deceased's love ones.

floridays

Thank You Sir for your service, Grunt. Your type is "Few and proud," rightfully so.