France riots

Box Ox

Dilan
@dilanpcook
·
14h

when France *s around, people flood the streets. when the United States does, people argue on the internet for months that protesting is bad actually

What that maroon doesn’t understand is that there’s a difference between protests and “protests” that burn down cities.

Nobody in the US cares if you want to peacefully hold a sign and yell on a street corner in support of your cause.

rickyb

What that maroon doesn’t understand is that there’s a difference between protests and “protests” that burn down cities.

Nobody in the US cares if you want to peacefully hold a sign and yell on a street corner in support of your cause.
nobody cared when kapernick peacefully protested???

Box Ox

my quote says nothing about US flooding the streets.

We both know what you’re getting at with the quote. You want leaders in the US to sit on their hands while cities burn “like they do in France” (minus the burning cities) so your Marxist utopia can magically rise from the ashes.

rickyb

n
We both know what you’re getting at with the quote. You want leaders in the US to sit on their hands while cities burn “like they do in France” (minus the burning cities) so your Marxist utopia can magically rise from the ashes.
no the quote is about protesting. the french do it, and are one of the best countries in the world. the US "sits on their hands"

rickyb

One time nixon and kissinger barricaded the white house w school buses and fence

Screenshot_20220622-124226_Firefox.jpg

Box Ox

One time nixon and kissinger barricaded the white house w school buses and fence

View attachment 389259

Interesting seeing you post this as I'd think you'd be all about supporting the enforcement of climate change policy over the wants and needs of evil capitalists any day of the week, comrade.

Context:

"Thousands of farmers gathered in the central Netherlands Wednesday to protest against the Dutch government’s plans to rein in emissions of nitrogen oxide and ammonia, driving their tractors across the Netherlands and snarling traffic on major highways.

The protest was organized earlier this month after the government published nationwide targets for reducing emissions, sparking anger from farmers who claim their livelihoods — and those of thousands of people who work in the agricultural service industry — are on the line.

Calling it an “unavoidable transition,” the government mandated reductions in emissions of up to 70% in many places close to protected nature areas and as high as 95% in other places. The government has been forced to act after courts in recent years began blocking permits for infrastructure and housing projects because the country was missing its emissions targets.

rickyb

Interesting seeing you post this as I'd think you'd be all about supporting the enforcement of climate change policy over the wants and needs of evil capitalists any day of the week, comrade.

Context:

"Thousands of farmers gathered in the central Netherlands Wednesday to protest against the Dutch government’s plans to rein in emissions of nitrogen oxide and ammonia, driving their tractors across the Netherlands and snarling traffic on major highways.

The protest was organized earlier this month after the government published nationwide targets for reducing emissions, sparking anger from farmers who claim their livelihoods — and those of thousands of people who work in the agricultural service industry — are on the line.

Calling it an “unavoidable transition,” the government mandated reductions in emissions of up to 70% in many places close to protected nature areas and as high as 95% in other places. The government has been forced to act after courts in recent years began blocking permits for infrastructure and housing projects because the country was missing its emissions targets.
Unregulated capitalism consumes everything including itself

Box Ox

Unregulated capitalism consumes everything including itself

Oh, I thought you might have some kind of actual point with your post about the protests in the Netherlands that are a response to the kind of over-regulation you're into. Seems that even in the Netherlands reasonable people have their limits when it comes to your brand of anti-capitalism. Glad you posted about it.

rickyb

Oh, I thought you might have some kind of actual point with your post about the protests in the Netherlands that are a response to the kind of over-regulation you're into. Seems that even in the Netherlands reasonable people have their limits when it comes to your brand of anti-capitalism. Glad you posted about it.
The path to an economy which actually works wont b perfect

rickyb

Yeah, no big deal if you have to starve a few hundred million people to death. That's what has always prevented the utopia, always just a few more people have to be sacrificed.
your words not mine, and the alternative is mass extinction including us.

civilization will collapse by 2040 according to MIT. whats that worth?

Box Ox

your words not mine, and the alternative is mass extinction including us.

civilization will collapse by 2040 according to MIT. whats that worth?

The Earth only has until 2030ish. Checkmate, MIT.

Anyway, care to link to the study or an article about MIT’s finding that civilization will collapse by 2040?