Fred S doubles his pay while planning to cut yours 25%

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
All of Fred's defenders should read this. Hey, Dano. Any reason Smith deserves a huge raise? What he really deserves is my boot, kicking his arrogant ass.

thedownhillEXPRESS

quote from article

"[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]The company said significant earnings per share growth since the recession resulted in executives collecting maximum payments in fiscal 2012, which ended in May. Full-year earnings per share jumped 70% from fiscal 2010 to 2012."[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]But this is not good enough for them, they need to "double" the profit on our backs... [/FONT]

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
All of Fred's defenders should read this. Hey, Dano. Any reason Smith deserves a huge raise? What he really deserves is my boot, kicking his arrogant ass.

You read the article, didn't you? Most of it is for hitting long term goals over a few years in FEC. Doesn't make any difference to me. Peyton Manning and Lebron James make more. I don't care how much they earn, either.

59 Dano

quote from article

"The company said significant earnings per share growth since the recession resulted in executives collecting maximum payments in fiscal 2012, which ended in May. Full-year earnings per share jumped 70% from fiscal 2010 to 2012."

But this is not good enough for them, they need to "double" the profit on our backs...

It cost you $47. Spread out over 3 years.

zapmail

Hmm..Maybe Mr. Burns IS stepping down is Oct...hell...he's probably LOVING that we're calling his retirement The October Surprise....what a sharp stick in the eye that would be...

fedex435

Over those three years I get a cost of living raise. What a joke! The man started the business and I have no problem with him making big money but he seems to have forgotten the little people.

vantexan

You read the article, didn't you? Most of it is for hitting long term goals over a few years in FEC. Doesn't make any difference to me. Peyton Manning and Lebron James make more. I don't care how much they earn, either.

But everything is about the stock because that's where the real wealth is at. Pro ball players are rich, but as Chris Rock once pointed out, the guy writing their checks is wealthy. And the effects the employees are feeling are the various things mgmt does to increase the stock price.

59 Dano

But everything is about the stock because that's where the real wealth is at. Pro ball players are rich, but as Chris Rock once pointed out, the guy writing their checks is wealthy. And the effects the employees are feeling are the various things mgmt does to increase the stock price.

I'll ask you the same question I'd ask anyone else. Is there a better way to increase the stock price and if so, what is it?

fedex435

Implement a better system of holding couriers accountable. Stop treating them all as if they are the same because they clearly aren't. Reward hard working couriers that get the job done. Kick the "I've earned the right" crowd out of the building with their banners and nothing else. Productivity would go up greatly. Couriers, in theory, could be paid better because the fat would be trimmed and FedEx would make more money. There would be an initial PR hit but in the long run the company would be better.

STFXG

FedEx CIO pay up 80% from last year... http://m.networkworld.com/news/2012/081512-fedex-carter-261669.html?hpg1=bn&mm_ref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fm%2Fsearch%3Ftbm%3Dnws%26hl%3Den%26source%3Dmog%26gl%3Dus%26tab%3Dwn%26q%3Dfedex%26sa%3DN

vantexan

I'll ask you the same question I'd ask anyone else. Is there a better way to increase the stock price and if so, what is it?

Why do I care? Increasing the stock price only makes those with significant amounts of stock wealthier. We're all getting creamed so that the execs can get wealthier. I'm sooooooo happy for them.

vantexan

Implement a better system of holding couriers accountable. Stop treating them all as if they are the same because they clearly aren't. Reward hard working couriers that get the job done. Kick the "I've earned the right" crowd out of the building with their banners and nothing else. Productivity would go up greatly. Couriers, in theory, could be paid better because the fat would be trimmed and FedEx would make more money. There would be an initial PR hit but in the long run the company would be better.

Sounds easy doesn't it? The problem is that the Memphis Gang wants you to work like a dog without rewarding you for it. Doesn't matter that you far outperform your coworkers. You are doing what you are supposed to be doing. And you should feel lucky they've given you the right to do it.

59 Dano

I couldn't agree with you more. Did you ever notice that people tend to mistake seniority for merit, usually as they get more seniority?

59 Dano

Why do I care? Increasing the stock price only makes those with significant amounts of stock wealthier. We're all getting creamed so that the execs can get wealthier. I'm sooooooo happy for them.

It sounds like no one else cares either.