Fred Z and Sean O unify so they can run together, but they need RH out of the way

I would never want anything to do with the Boston Rat or any of the Old Guard bastards that have sold the members out for the past 18 years! Teamsters United remains and we work against the Boston Rat's slate in 2021 if we don't get the rerun. If FZ forms an alliance with the Boston Rat, I will no longer support him!!!
What if Sean O fights for us to get the contract that we deserve?

I can emfatically unequivocally without a doubt tell you Sean is not running for any election with or without Fred Z. He is in the process of starting negotiations with one of the biggest bullies on the block, UPS. He is trying to get everyone involved and put politics aside in this process. Any elections have nothing to do with the next ups contract moving forward. We are committed to transparency and understanding what the general consensus is of what the members want.

Threads like this are further proof that there are very little people actually in the know on this forum. I spent the better part of the day Sitting next to Sean and talking to him. His 100% focus in on negotiating a strong UPS contract and uniting us all in the process of doing so. Politics is DEAD FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE. The past is the past.
Save your money brother!

A

Article 3

Yeah and I still am. Sean has a new way of goi friend about these negotiations. Not everybody's style will be the same. Last contract I don't think a strike was ever a real possibility and I agreed with it. I love Ken to death, awesome unionist. If you read the pages of this forum for the past 6 years or so Ive said the similar things about Sean. Both are good at what they do.

Times change, the atmosphere has changed. A lot of members thought they wanted a strike in the last contract, and I'll tell you they will get their wish in this one. If Sean doesn't have a good contract he will tell the members and leave it up to them to strike. This time a strike is a real option.
Count the cost.
Shippers won't put up with a work stoppage.
They won't be amused and couldn't care less about our pensions.

LeadBelly

Banned
Count the cost.
Shippers won't put up with a work stoppage.
They won't be amused and couldn't care less about our pensions.
I agree, but there is a certain contingent that wants a strike. Look at that whole vote no fiasco on Facebook. They are lead by a guy who hasn't worked for United Parcel in over 3 years and has nothing but animosity for the Teamsters and UPS. He will probably never set foot in another UPS again, but banters about like some sort of martyr. Vote no Vote no. I say give them what they want. I have enough years in. If we strike and lose a considerable amount of volume I will work. It will be hard to explain it to the guys who no longer do, but if it's what they want. Then so be it.

A

Article 3

I agree, but there is a certain contingent that wants a strike. Look at that whole vote no fiasco on Facebook. They are lead by a guy who hasn't worked for United Parcel in over 3 years and has nothing but animosity for the Teamsters and UPS. He will probably never set foot in another UPS again, but banters about like some sort of martyr. Vote no Vote no. I say give them what they want. I have enough years in. If we strike and lose a considerable amount of volume I will work. It will be hard to explain it to the guys who no longer do, but if it's what they want. Then so be it.
The general public working outside of this company don't know what we deal with. Some presume that they know but they don't.
They also don't know that many of us have worked many years breaking rocks just to find that our pensions, the reward for all of this longevity, are evaporating before our eyes. There's two different planes here, ours and theirs. The normal job vs the micromanaged and highly harassed vocation.
So there's two dynamics at play here.

But destroy our pensions and many will walk. Many won't budge on that issue.

So pick your poison here but count the cost because the general public doesn't understand what we do nor can they believe the compensation package that we get (without a degree) and the competition is just waiting for the dam to break.

Be careful what you ask for because you may get it.

LeadBelly

Banned
The general public working outside of this company don't know what we deal with. Some presume that they know but they don't.
They also don't know that many of us have worked many years breaking rocks just to find that our pensions, the reward for all of this longevity, are evaporating before our eyes. There's two different planes here, ours and theirs. The normal job vs the micromanaged and highly harassed vocation.
So there's two dynamics at play here.

But destroy our pensions and many will walk. Many won't budge on that issue.

So pick your poison here but count the cost because the general public doesn't understand what we do nor can they believe the compensation package that we get (without a degree) and the competition is just waiting for the dam to break.

Be careful what you ask for because you may get it.
To be continued. The members will get their day in the sun.

anHOURover

Everyone keep my name out your mouth
You keep tagging me and now I'm back !
I'm spending my Days off with you all.
You all asked for it.
This site is boring without the vote no leader.
I work 4 days only !!
I have a lot of free time
FACT

anHOURover

I promise you a few no votes in my local
ONCE AGAIN
I WILL QUIT IF THE CONTRACT PASSES HERE BY VOTE

A

Article 3

Is that a union guy saying he's scared to strike ? Figures. U name yourself after an article in the master. What are you on slugger ?
How do you know it's an article in the Master maroon?
Just like everything else you post, your ignorance shines slug.
Not only do you run off at the mouth but you lie about not posting anymore.
No one's afraid to strike here, but when you gross about $2,000.00 a week without a college education and use someone else's equipment and clothing to make that money you're a fool to whine about your compensation.
But then again, if the shoe fits wear it slug.
FACT

anHOURover

How do you know it's an article in the Master maroon?
Just like everything else you post, your ignorance shines slug.
Not only do you run off at the mouth but you lie about not posting anymore.
No one's afraid to strike here, but when you gross about $2,000.00 a week without a college education and use someone else's equipment and clothing to make that money you're a fool to whine about your compensation.
But then again, if the shoe fits wear it slug.
FACT
You love the concession slugger.
I guarantee concessions. You are moving backwards. You got any fight left in you slugger ? I promise you I'll at the very least delay the concessions.