Fred's Town Hall

LTFedExer

What would you say if you worked for a company that doesn't offer a pension, like my fiancee, my sister and 1/2 the companies I deliver to? I said it before, your pension should be supplemental, not your primary income source.

vantexan

What would you say if you worked for a company that doesn't offer a pension, like my fiancee, my sister and 1/2 the companies I deliver to? I said it before, your pension should be supplemental, not your primary income source.

I'd say that unless I have a very good paying job I'm going to have a bleak retirement. Or I'm going to work until the end. Why do you think that despite terminating the pension plan FedEx still offered a cash balance plan along with a 401k? Because they're swell guys? No, they know they've got to offer something extra for all the demands they make on their employees. If not, there are jobs out there that pay close to FedEx pay that don't run you into the ground. It's not like they're paying industry standard pay afterall. But bless their hearts, millionaires are going to suffer if we couriers get better pay.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

You used to have a real pension. Fred stole it. Now you have a crap annuity they dare to call a pension. I'm so happy you're satisfied with the pittance you get. You are starting to sound like a Libertarian, and that's not good.

LTFedExer

You used to have a real pension. Fred stole it. Now you have a crap annuity they dare to call a pension. I'm so happy you're satisfied with the pittance you get. You are starting to sound like a Libertarian, and that's not good.
Not a Libertarian, just a realist. My retirement plan does not involve a pension or Social Security. Any money from those 2 will be a 'bonus'.