Free Money In Newark, NJ!

El Correcto

god is dead
Libertarian ideals break down when you realize most people aren’t intelligent rational beings. They’re stupid and left on their own they’d destroy civilization.
That’s why we are not a direct democracy even though you seem to support that ideal.

That’s why we had a system that was supposed to check itself and maintain a freedom status quo.

Couple wars later we are in a tyrannical spiral with half the voting population cheering it on.

BrownArmy

So you’re telling me government mandated healthcare is already costing us a lot of money so let’s just dive head first into it without trying to introduce free markets into the healthcare industry.

You’re not a libertarian you are a liberaltarian my guy.

Wrong, so wrong.

You haven't thought this through.

You seem confused about 'free markets'...'free markets' in healthcare got us just where we are, which is in a completely clusterfkd situation, where we're paying twice/thrice/ten times what we should.

$100 ibuprofen?

No idea or accountability about what's going on?

And, cry about your taxes, but you're paying for this nonsense.

You're paying for the friend'd up nature of our healthcare system.

Maybe we should fix it.

El Correcto

god is dead
Wrong, so wrong.

You haven't thought this through.

You seem confused about 'free markets'...'free markets' in healthcare got us just where we are, which is in a completely clusterfkd situation, where we're paying twice/thrice/ten times what we should.

$100 ibuprofen?

No idea or accountability about what's going on?

And, cry about your taxes, but you're paying for this nonsense.

You're paying for the friend'd up nature of our healthcare system.

Maybe we should fix it.
You need to read more about the healthcare system if you think it is a free market.
You should start with Friedman’s views and pick up some libertarian talking points on the subject.

BrownArmy

I can see that every time Democrat’s go around ballot harvesting and trying to make it easier for them to vote for accelerationist policies that will sell our inalienable rights for a handout, “equality” and “safety”.

LMFAO, who got busted for vote-rigging?

Hint, it was a Republicon

BrownArmy

You need to read more about the healthcare system if you think it is a free market.
You should start with Friedman’s views and pick up some libertarian talking points on the subject.

Guess you missed my point, the healthcare system isn't free-market.

El Correcto

god is dead
Guess you missed my point, the healthcare system isn't free-market.
Then we agree.

I never said they were, I want to see someone introduce free markets into our healthcare industry before we subsidize the behemoth with an even bigger leviathan and drive the costs up and the quality down.

BrownArmy

100$ ibuprofen isn’t possible in a free market.

Yet, here we are.

The lie that the 'free market' will take care of everything has no better example than healthcare.

Three hospitals, three towns, Ibuprofen cost:

1. We just hand it out, we get samples from the Reps.
2. We charge what the Insurance Co tells us to charge ($100)
3. You're going to need to go to your local Pharmacy, we're not authorized to...

It's a hot mess.

BrownArmy

Then we agree.

I never said they were, I want to see someone introduce free markets into our healthcare industry before we subsidize the behemoth with an even bigger leviathan and drive the costs up and the quality down.

Are you serious?

The entire model up until now has been 'free market', and it's tanking.

Even 'ObamaCare' was literally 'free market'.

How's that working?

El Correcto

god is dead
Yet, here we are.

The lie that the 'free market' will take care of everything has no better example than healthcare.

Three hospitals, three towns, Ibuprofen cost:

1. We just hand it out, we get samples from the Reps.
2. We charge what the Insurance Co tells us to charge ($100)
3. You're going to need to go to your local Pharmacy, we're not authorized to...

It's a hot mess.
I agree with the mess part, but healthcare has never been a free market, this goes back into the late 1800’s early 1900’s with the AMA, worker unions, politicians and insurance companies.

BrownArmy

I agree with the mess part, but healthcare has never been a free market, this goes back into the late 1800’s early 1900’s with the AMA, worker unions, politicians and insurance companies.

Just so we're clear, you're agreeing with me.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Then we agree.

I'm with you on this, but how do you have free market emergency rooms?

Someone is pulled from a car accident unconscious dying and taken to the hospital and gets a 100k bill. There's not really a place in that scenario for the choice factor that free markets require.

I think there's a place for some pricing regulation akin to laws against price gouging during disasters.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The way I see this ending is why don’t we just give all our money to the government. Let them provide your housing, your vehicle, your food, your healthcare, your child’s education, where you can vacation, the allotted money for hobbies, how much time you get off from work, what risks you’re allowed to take, how much you’re allowed to consume, how many children you must have, what are the standards of a viable child, what products you’re allowed to produce and purchase.

If government are so great at building a society from the top down why don’t we just go all in. It’ll be a utopia!
Nope
Ain’t gonna doit
Wouldn’t be prudent.

newfie

You can argue anecdotes all you like the data backs up giving poor people money. The earned income tax credit works.

“Official Census publications show that together, the child tax credit and the EITC lifted 8.1 million people out of poverty in 2016 (Fox 2017). The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities separates the effects of the EITC and the child tax credit and calculates that the EITC was responsible for lifting 5.8 million people out of poverty in 2016 (CBPP 2018). This makes the EITC the single most effective program targeted at reducing poverty for working-age households.”
So you're saying poor people comply with how you think they should behave?
And to expand that rich people do the same?
Keep digging