Free Note 4 arrives in 6 days

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Only had one confirmed Note today... frickin' kid was literally standing at the curb when I made the turn.

4 iPhones, 1 Note and 2 unidentified phone boxes.

iPhone wins... for today.
Would be nice to get it early. It's not supposed to be released until 10/17.

ChrisTheBrown

I pulled the trigger today and pre-ordered the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 we've been talking about lately and was able to get them to pay me for the $720 phone.

With the iphone 6 plus release, Samsung needs the Note 4 to sell well, so if you agree to pre-order it, they'll give you $200 for any functional smart phone trade-in toward the new Note 4.

Sprint just recently lowered the pre-order price to $299.99 with a 2 year contract AND is offering $150 to anyone who changes from a competing carrier...

Sooo
$299.99
-$200.00
-$150.00
=
them paying me. :)

Spt_T_wht_600x600_xlarge_grp.jpg

Awesome!

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sweet. Sprint shipped the preorders from Louisville so they hit Worldport in time to hit the plane to my hub. I'll have mine in about 12 hours :)

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm on day three of sprint service and it's been great. The 4g is fast and if I'm not able to get 4g the 3g kicks in and is great too
I ended up getting a new phone early the other day due to Verizon moving many people's upgrade dates up so maybe they'd get an iPhone 6. Then the next day the Droid Turbo was leaked online and will be announced late October. I was pissed. Verizon gives 15 days to return a phone. I will be doing that if the phone is available within my 15 day window. That Turbo has a 3900mah battery.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I ended up getting a new phone early the other day due to Verizon moving many people's upgrade dates up so maybe they'd get an iPhone 6. Then the next day the Droid Turbo was leaked online and will be announced late October. I was pissed. Verizon gives 15 days to return a phone. I will be doing that if the phone is available within my 15 day window. That Turbo has a 3900mah battery.
Yeah that turbo going to be nice phone and quick with that 2.7 quad processor for sure.

Overpaid Union Thug

Yeah that turbo going to be nice phone and quick with that 2.7 quad processor for sure.

I have the Droid Maxx and it is a badass phone even though its already a year old. I can get two days out of a full battery charge easily if I just stopped messing with the phone simply because it's my brand new new toy. LOL! I charged it Thursday night and messed with it at lunch Friday as well as a few quick phone calls and random texts. So far today I've used it some (including earlier on this forum) and it's still 51% charged. The problem is that two a year from now give or take plus/minus a few months) it will be so out of date it will get sluggish after any new software updates and those will also strain the battery more. I wan't the Turbo because it will be all brand new and will be a good, solid two year phone. The 3900mah battery in the Turbo will be equal to my 3500mah battery because of the strain the newer features will put on it but at least it'll work better after two years than my Maxx will.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
You are in a metro area-----have you had a chance to try it out in the suburbs/boonies?
I live in the suburbs and drove out half an hour into the woods tonight to pickup my son from his grandparents and streamed Sirius all the way there and back with no hiccups. I'm pretty impressed with the service. I took quite a gamble, but pulled the trigger with Sprint when I saw this release last month:
http://newsroom.sprint.com/presskits/sprint-network-vision-information-center.htm
"Following a nationwide multi-year overhaul, Sprint now has an all-new network, providing customers across the country with significantly better call quality and faster data speeds in more places."

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The 3900mah battery in the Turbo will be equal to my 3500mah battery because of the strain the newer features will put on it but at least it'll work better after two years than my Maxx will.
Note 4 has the 3,220mAH and battery seems to last forever, but what makes it even better is the adaptive charging chip in the phone/charger it comes with. It can charge from dead to 50% in 30 minutes. Add those things to the ultra power saving mode in the Note 4 and battery life is finally not an issue on an android device. Poor iphone 6 buyers are only getting 2,915mAH.

I ended up getting a new phone early the other day due to Verizon moving many people's upgrade dates up
Did you give up unlimited data?

Note 4 already has that processor (snapdragon 805 with 4 cores at 2.7ghz each). It's like buttah!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Note 4 has the 3,220mAH and battery seems to last forever, but what makes it even better is the adaptive charging chip in the phone/charger it comes with. It can charge from dead to 50% in 30 minutes. Add those things to the ultra power saving mode in the Note 4 and battery life is finally not an issue on an android device. Poor iphone 6 buyers are only getting 2,915mAH.

Did you give up unlimited data?

Note 4 already has that processor (snapdragon 805 with 4 cores at 2.7ghz each). It's like buttah!
Im sure it's blazing fast. Note 5 I think going to have an octocore (8) processor, 4k display, 4 gigs of memory, might bump up to a 5.9 display. Sounds bout right with them specs as specs have gone up with each phone in the series. That's why I'm holding on to my note 2 til the 5 comes out.