Free Note 4 arrives in 6 days

Overpaid Union Thug

Went a checked out the Turbo tonight in person. I really like the fact that it is closer to a pure Android experience versus TouchWiz on the S5. Will make getting the updates a much faster process. Verizon is also offering $100 credit towards the Turbo if you trade in any old smartphone. I knew keeping my OG Droid Incredible would come in handy.

I kept the Maxx instead of getting the Turbo. The battery life of both phones should be the same. The "extra" 400mah of battery capacity of the Turbo only accounts for the additional power consumption of the slightly more advanced software/hardware. The Turbo's screen will also use a little more power than the Maxx too. Both phones were released with the promise of 48 hours of batter life. The Maxx is now free online ($50 when I bought it) and the Turbo is $200 for those of us that don't have a smart phone worthy of trading in. Why pay that much more for basically the same phone? Either phone is badass though. I did some side by side comparisons on various tech sites and both phones are more advanced than an iPhone 6. Even the Maxx that is over a year old.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I kept the Maxx instead of getting the Turbo. The battery life of both phones should be the same. The "extra" 400mah of battery capacity of the Turbo only accounts for the additional power consumption of the slightly more advanced software/hardware. The Turbo's screen will also use a little more power than the Maxx too. Both phones were released with the promise of 48 hours of batter life. The Maxx is now free online ($50 when I bought it) and the Turbo is $200 for those of us that don't have a smart phone worthy of trading in. Why pay that much more for basically the same phone? Either phone is badass though. I did some side by side comparisons on various tech sites and both phones are more advanced than an iPhone 6. Even the Maxx that is over a year old.
Same here. Keeping my maxx. A certain oooooooooo yeaaaaaaaaaaaa wrestler type guy talked me into waiting on the note 5. I blame him while I wait.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I kept the Maxx instead of getting the Turbo. The battery life of both phones should be the same. The "extra" 400mah of battery capacity of the Turbo only accounts for the additional power consumption of the slightly more advanced software/hardware. The Turbo's screen will also use a little more power than the Maxx too. Both phones were released with the promise of 48 hours of batter life.

I can't get over the battery life on this phone. I'm at almost 48 hours off the charger and still have 37% percent battery left. I keep going to put my phone on the car charger when I get in the car then have to wrestle with the concept of not plugging it in because I simply don't need to anymore with the Note 4.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
The Turbo has a way faster processor that's why its a lot more and probably a lot more internal memory to use also.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I can't get over the battery life on this phone. I'm at almost 48 hours off the charger and still have 37% percent battery left. I keep going to put my phone on the car charger when I get in the car then have to wrestle with the concept of not plugging it in because I simply don't need to anymore with the Note 4.
If you talk on it a lot and listen to music all day like I do itll eat it down to where you have to charge it every night but if your just using it as a phone, yeah that big battery will last a long time. Not surprising at all, good stuff dude.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
If you talk on it a lot and listen to music all day like I do itll eat it down to where you have to charge it every night but if your just using it as a phone, yeah that big battery will last a long time. Not surprising at all, good stuff dude.
That was with streaming music for hours over sirius too :)

Overpaid Union Thug

The Turbo has a way faster processor that's why its a lot more and probably a lot more internal memory to use also.
The Maxx is pretty fast too. Especially compared to my previous phone. For me the additional speed its not worth the extra $150. When you are upgrading from a Casio Commando its not hard to be pleased with the processor. LOL.

govols019

You smell that?
Well...crap. Just got my OG Droid out of the drawer and I had forgotten that my wife cracked the screen. Guess I'll have to trade in my S3 to get the $100 off now.

It'll be hard for the Turbo to beat my S3 with a ZeroLemon battery. If I turn Google Now off I can get 4 days out of it.

2d.jpg

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Takes a lil while to get adjusted to the size but once you get used to the size youll appreciate it, if that person uses it a lot. I use mine a lot as, phone, internet, gps, mp3 player, and watch videos on it if im chillin somewhere on road taking lunch to keep myself entertained. I bought a 64 gig sd card for it to expand storage, got a few movies on it too.

govols019

You smell that?
I don't like using my S3 for a GPS device. It seems the only time I need it I don't have a signal. I use a dedicated TomTom for my GPS needs.

Only thing I hate about my TomTom is I can't update it with my Chromebook. I have to remember to take it with me when I go to my mothers house so I can use her Windows machine. Same with my UE Boom.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Phones are versatile nowadays its ridiculous. Crazy how you can use it for 3 or 4 devices in only 1 device. I don't use the gps usually either unless im traveling or going somewhere I don't know too good or sometimes run a misload on my route that's on way back to center.

govols019

You smell that?
Yeah, I just finished watching Kingpin which I sent to my TV on my Chromecast from my phone.

I still remember my first cellular phone...a bag phone. $60 a month for 60 minutes and God help you if you went over. LOL

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I just built a computer for my media room hooked up to my receiver to my 163 inch screen with my projector couple years a go, to do the same thing really as what the usb dongles do for your tv. Funny how their building internet ready televisions now, im just like dude I was on that idea like 4 years ago with the media pc idea lol.

Overpaid Union Thug

Well...crap. Just got my OG Droid out of the drawer and I had forgotten that my wife cracked the screen. Guess I'll have to trade in my S3 to get the $100 off now.

It'll be hard for the Turbo to beat my S3 with a ZeroLemon battery. If I turn Google Now off I can get 4 days out of it.

View attachment 19710
I might be getting the turbo after all. We've decided to get our 12 year old son a phone. We might be adding a line with the Turbo and then just swap phones. If not I'll be happy with my Maxx.

oldngray

nowhere special
I just built a computer for my media room hooked up to my receiver to my 163 inch screen with my projector couple years a go, to do the same thing really as what the usb dongles do for your tv. Funny how their building internet ready televisions now, im just like dude I was on that idea like 4 years ago with the media pc idea lol.

Computer connected to big TV > than a "smart" TV. By far. I have an old computer hooked up to a big screen TV for the same reason. It is a smart TV but very limited in what it can do + the spyware it would use if I used it's smart features.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The Note is just too big for my taste.
It fits in my UPS pants pocket easily even with a case and there is an ingenious one-hand mode built in that allows you to click a little pull out button that temporarily resizes the video output so you can reach the whole screen with your thumb while holding it, then you tap a button again and it goes back to full screen.