FT cover bids

Brown-up

Anybody else losing all of their FT cover bids? We used to have at least 12 of these at one time. Now they are completely gone.

UPSGUY72

No we still have all are FT Cover drivers we don't have any PT Cover positions. We only have FT drivers and 22.3 air drivers if your a driver your either a FT cover or a FT with your own route.

BrownArmy

I'm a FT Cover driver, I bid FT Cover at last bid. There are quite a few FT Cover bids in my center (90+ drivers).

BrownArmy

Are you talking about picking your route on Friday for the following week?

That would be nice, but in reality I go wherever I get sent.

I cover vacations, drivers calling in sick etc., random split cars, whatever.

In the last two weeks, I covered six different routes. It keeps things interesting, and if I get put on a suck route, I know it won't last!

Braveheart

In order to stop the cut routes and driver layoffs these things need to be done.

1=Take your full lunch and on area.
2=File 9.5 grievances.
3=File on managers shuttling misloads, late air, etc etc
4=Do not work off the clock before work, after work or at lunch. Sort your truck on the clock.
5=Whenever you can, go deliver those misloads!!
6=Unload your own air pick-up volume on the belt, not a part timer.
7=Go to each pick-up, no more calling them.
8=Make the extra effort to go back to business deliveries that were closed, nm1, etc etc.
9=Do the speed limit, use your handcart, work safe, drive safe, park safe!
10=Use your DIAD not your phone. They do not pay the bill!

That would be nice, but in reality I go wherever I get sent.

I cover vacations, drivers calling in sick etc., random split cars, whatever.

In the last two weeks, I covered six different routes. It keeps things interesting, and if I get put on a suck route, I know it won't last!
Im in the central supplement and my center has over eighty drivers. The top six coverage drivers pick from the open routes for the following week in senority order. This is covered under article 3 section 18 of the central supplement.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
In order to stop the cut routes and driver layoffs these things need to be done.

1=Take your full lunch and on area.
2=File 9.5 grievances.
3=File on managers shuttling misloads, late air, etc etc
4=Do not work off the clock before work, after work or at lunch. Sort your truck on the clock.
5=Whenever you can, go deliver those misloads!!
6=Unload your own air pick-up volume on the belt, not a part timer.
7=Go to each pick-up, no more calling them.
8=Make the extra effort to go back to business deliveries that were closed, nm1, etc etc.
9=Do the speed limit, use your handcart, work safe, drive safe, park safe!
10=Use your DIAD not your phone. They do not pay the bill!

Yeah, like that's going to happen...:biting:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Im in the central supplement and my center has over eighty drivers. The top six coverage drivers pick from the open routes for the following week in senority order. This is covered under article 3 section 18 of the central supplement.

Not here in the wild NE.

P.S. I bid on Over9.5s old route yesterday (I'm assuming it is his since he went back to FNN)

SWORDFISH

Great ideas but can you get people to do it? Always have people in centers that wont for one reason or another. UPS has realized people wont fight those battles and are taking advantage of that. I have overheard that by the way behind closed doors.

BrownArmy

I'm outside of Boston, clearly not in the Central Supplement.

Like Sleeve said, it's a little different here in the northeast.

I'm not sure my center even knows the previous week where they're going to send me the next week...it's often last-minute.

Friday I sat in the building for thirty minutes while my center management team tried to figure out what was going on. In the end, I could have started the route I ended up driving at the normal start time, but for some reason it was a cluster-eff all around. I got a thirty minute late-start, had to run a bunch of air that got left behind, and ended up starting my route at 11:00.

It was non-ideal.

I called in my misloads (that's one of the latest flavors of the month around here), and I was instructed to deliver them. Forty extra minutes for two basic packages - guess we didn't make any money on those! I had twenty stops that weren't in EDD (add-cuts that didn't make the cut...), and my splits seemed to be chosen by a blind dart-player.

I could have punched out at 1900 with a start time of 0845. Instead I punched out at 2030, for no real good reason.

That's logistics!

Dragon

Package Center Manager

I'm not sure my center even knows the previous week where they're going to send me the next week...it's often last-minute.

Friday I sat in the building for thirty minutes while my center management team tried to figure out what was going on. In the end, I could have started the route I ended up driving at the normal start time, but for some reason it was a cluster-eff all around. I got a thirty minute late-start, had to run a bunch of air that got left behind, and ended up starting my route at 11:00.

It was non-ideal.

I called in my misloads (that's one of the latest flavors of the month around here), and I was instructed to deliver them. Forty extra minutes for two basic packages - guess we didn't make any money on those! I had twenty stops that weren't in EDD (add-cuts that didn't make the cut...), and my splits seemed to be chosen by a blind dart-player.

I could have punched out at 1900 with a start time of 0845. Instead I punched out at 2030, for no real good reason.

That's logistics!

Explained away the next day = Dispatch Error....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

It was non-ideal.

That's logistics!

If it were me, I'd a clocked out about 2200.
Next time they would make some different choices.
That'$ playing the game.

UPSGUY72

If it were me, I'd a clocked out about 2200.
Next time they would make some different choices.
That'$ playing the game.

That is the only way they stop over dispatching you

Honestly, often the overtime isn't worth it. I'd rather be home eating dinner with my wife...

If you run and gun to get home early they will just keep adding more stops when you cover the routes. Play the game and they will get the picture eventually. I have learn be the hard way if you want to get home a reasonable time than play there game and they will stop over dispatching when you cover the routes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

If you run and gun to get home early they will just keep adding more stops when you cover the routes. Play the game and they will get the picture eventually. I have learn be the hard way if you want to get home a reasonable time than play there game and they will stop over dispatching when you cover the routes.
Exactly. Work the methods. It's a long uphill battle but you will get there. Do not listen to the bullying and badgering. Work by the methods.

BrownArmy

The route I covered wasn't actually over dispatched. It was the late start time, the mis-loads, etc. etc.

Who said anything about running and gunning?

You're preaching to the choir...this job's hard enough without working for free.

The reason I punched out at 2030 is that I took my hour lunch and my two 10's.

My point was that I could have punched out at 1900 if it hadn't been such a circus. It was just one of those days...

So far this is just like last year...x-mas peak was pretty smooth, and then January comes and everything goes to pot.

Like I said, that's logistics!

brownrod

But this guy is a FT cover driver. He's on a different route everyday. I'm in the same situation. One day I'm done at 1600 and helping 6 other drivers. The next day I can be out 11.5 hours with an 11 hour plan day on a stupid route cobbled together for me for that day. It's completely random.

I'm a FT cover driver and I never know what route I'm on for the day until I walk in the door.