FT Drivers

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
$25/hour plus benefits is IMO an appropriate wage for this job.

This would be about the absolute lowest price I would consider doing this job for. Once you get in the $22-$25 an hour range there are a lot more choices to work with benefits and not near what we put up with at ups.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
My pay covers my long hours and work ethic. I know I could leave here and apply both in obtaining a comparable job and do just fine, maybe better. As long as the chocolate milk keeps coming, I'll be right at the utter till it spits out dust.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
1) Yes.

2) There are people who could replace me but they are few and far between.

"few"? No uh, I think many. If I can work in a dusty warehouse loading 1000+ packages while on my feet for the whole night, moving back and forth from trailer to trailer, to package car to package car at a constant pace, in worse weather than you drivers, I'm sure that many part-timers and I can do the job as good or better than any driver and last as long or longer than any driver can last. Plus we're doing it for chump change, while you drivers on the other hand are getting a fair days pay for a fair days work while it's very debatable that you guys are overpaid.

U

uber

Ours is job which only requires a HS diploma and valid drivers license.

I always find this argument hilarious.

Like if someone would have wasted their way through college partying and getting some lame degree like a BS in Communications they should deserve $7 more bucks an hour.

U

uber

"few"? No uh, I think many. If I can work in a dusty warehouse loading 1000+ packages while on my feet for the whole night, moving back and forth from trailer to trailer, to package car to package car at a constant pace, in worse weather than you drivers, I'm sure that many part-timers and I can do the job as good or better than any driver and last as long or longer than any driver can last. Plus we're doing it for chump change, while you drivers on the other hand are getting a fair days pay for a fair days work while it's very debatable that you guys are overpaid.

You act as if drivers never had to work for peanuts in the warehouse. I did for 5.5 years. Get over it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
First of all, your WHOLE night is what 4 or 5 hours long. Try 10+ hrs everyday. In worse weather conditions?? Does it rain or snow in your building?? Chump change? Kid, you're making nothing because you've worked there what, two whole months? You think it's bad now, wait till PEAK! We worked 45-50 hour weeks last peak...craziest peak i've done so far. And, might I add, you are a 19 year old kid, i'm a woman in my 30's who's been loading for 6 yrs, looking at another 2 yrs before I can go driving. Stop thinking you're better than everyone. You have no idea.

Last edited:

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I always find this argument hilarious.

Like if someone would have wasted their way through college partying and getting some lame degree like a BS in Communications they should deserve $7 more bucks an hour.

That's how society works, and I think it's just. People who have degrees or trades have a more complex knowledge than you and I - which makes them more rare, and rare things are always more expensive. Anybody out there can go out and get their driver's license in a month or two and become a great driver within 6 months or less. And anybody who is not dumb can live without committing a crime for 10 yrs or up until death.

U

uber

That's how society works, and I think it's just. People who have degrees or trades have a more complex knowledge than you and I - which makes them more rare, and rare things are always more expensive. Anybody out there can go out and get their driver's license in a month or two and become a great driver within 6 months or less. And anybody who is not dumb can live without committing a crime for 10 yrs or up until death.

I disagree. But, if you feel that way either wait your turn, or do something about it. Does everybody have a desire to wait out half a decade or more making peanuts for the crack at a good paying job delivering boxes? Whining to us about it isn't going to do anything.

I think your perspective will change when/if you become a driver and you go to your package car and its boxed out. Stuffed so tight you can't fit another envelope in it and nothings coming off easy because you can't for the life of you find the 8th Staples paper box out of 8 that you need to put on your handcart and push up 3 flights of stairs only to find out that the people you're delivering it to are on lunch and you have to re-attempt in an hour.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You act as if drivers never had to work for peanuts in the warehouse. I did for 5.5 years. Get over it.

Oh please, don't come up with that crap. Back then, the wait time wasn't more than 3 yrs on average. Plus many drivers were hired off the street straight into full time, hence upstate aka dave.

U

uber

Oh please, don't come up with that crap. Back then, the wait time wasn't more than 3 yrs on average. Plus many drivers were hired off the street straight into full time, hence upstate aka dave.

He's the exception and it shows with how skewed his perspective is.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
First of all, your WHOLE night is what 4 or 5 hours long. Try 10+ hrs everyday. In worse weather conditions?? Does it rain or snow in your building?? Chump change? Kid, you're making nothing because you've worked there what, two whole months? You think it's bad now, wait till PEAK! We worked 45-50 hour weeks last peak...craziest peak i've done so far. And, might I add, you are a 19 year old kid, i'm a woman in my 30's who's been loading for 6 yrs, looking at another 2 yrs before I can go driving. Stop thinking you're better than everyone. You have no idea.

Is it me or is it you changing your personality? You were once a part timer based on your prior posts, now you are a driver working 45-50 hours a week? And your whole argument is nothing but failure. The hours you work has nothing to do with how hard you work, I unload more packages than any driver has ever delivered in their whole shift in less than an hour. Driving in bad weather in a car has no effect on your body but the car.

U

uber

Is it me or is it you changing your personality? You were once a part timer based on your prior posts, now you are a driver working 45-50 hours a week? And your whole argument is nothing but failure. The hours you work has nothing to do with how hard you work, I unload more packages than any driver has ever delivered in their whole shift in less than an hour. Driving in bad weather in a car has no effect on your body but the car.

I unloaded for 5 years. Pickup box and put it on a belt. Repeat several hundred times. No responsibility and you never have to adjust to changing conditions. I used to turn those trailers upside down. Highest PPH in the building.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Is it me or is it you changing your personality. You were once a part timer based on your prior posts, now you are a driver working 45-50 hours a week? And your whole argument is nothing but failure. The hours you work has nothing to do with how hard you work, I unload more packages than any driver has ever delivered in their whole shift in less than an hour. Driving in bad weather in a car has no effect on your body but the car.
if you READ my post, i've been a LOADER for six years. We worked 45-50 hours PRELOAD last peak. You'd know that if you ever worked a xmas peak, but oh wait, you haven't been here that long. And last time I checked, the drivers have to GET OUT of the car and walk in the rain/snow to DELIVER the packages. Or did you think every house, office and building has a drive-thru window??

Overpaid Union Thug

During my entire decade and a half of working at UPS I've NEVER heard a driver say that we are underpaid. Never. Not one. I've heard more than a few state that we are overpaid though. Isn't that odd? I think that shows that an overwhelming majority believe that at the very least we are paid extremely well. But......if anyone mentions working for less than what is currently the pay rate at the time then many go ape shiiite. To me that shows us that it's not really about the pay itself. It's about losing something. A reduction. Going backwards. Most people don't want that whether what is being reduced was already too generous or not. Maybe that's what the whole health care dispute was really about. Hence all of the contract supplements in regions with superior benefits to the rest of regions getting voted down. Most people don't have the ability to look back when it comes to pay and benefits. Whether they are generous or not.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
if you READ my post, i've been a LOADER for six years. We worked 45-50 hours PRELOAD last peak. You'd know that if you ever worked a xmas peak, but oh wait, you haven't been here that long. And last time I checked, the drivers have to GET OUT of the car and walk in the rain/snow to DELIVER the packages. Or did you think every house, office and building has a drive-thru window??

Lies. No way UPS is giving a part timer that many hours.

Buck Fifty

With you and the guys off the street, this job will be paying you peanuts before ya know it.

As far as the fairest wage in which I would do this job ....as much as they will pay and that I can get my greedy little hands on.