Full time and Divorce

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
death-gif.gif

By The Book

For the past year or so my wife and I have been having alot of issues and divorce has been brought up several times. It really got me thinking. We got married when I was part time. At that time I was del. sat air and working mowing grass during the day. She is an RN working 12hr shifts 3 days a week. So we were both working alot.

A couple of years go by and I go full time. Shes on my insurance and finds out she can go "part time" while getting an $8hr raise for dropping her insurance and paid time off. She starts to see how much money I am bringing in and looks for a new "part time" job at the hospital so now she basically picks her own schedule and works 3-4 8hr shifts.

For some reason is has bothered me that I work 50+ hrs a week and she only works 24-32. (I worked 1000 hours more than her last year) I feel that her share around the house is slacking and I never get to relax because of things that need to do around the house. Mind you we have no kids.

What it comes down to is that she will never understand what UPSers go through. The hours, weather, crazy drivers, physical labor, and the mental struggle can take a toll on a person and marriage.
It sounds like now that your at top rate, she wants to lower her income and work less. I may be wrong and you may not be at top scale yet. It sounds like she brought up the divorce conversation,am I right? I think you should talk to her about what would make her happy and not get divorced. Easy for me to say, and probably harder for you to do. If you want to make it work, start the conversation. Suggest to her on the days you work and she doesn't that you guys have lunch at the place she likes.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Haha I love your responses on here. The job doesn't stress me out, it stresses me out knowing I cant come home and relax because there is stuff that needs to be done.
Join the club dude, we all drink out of the same BrownSlave Cup. None of us have time to do Jack on this job and im like you dude OCD as hell about things being clean organized and trying to be on top of stuff 24-7. Not going to happen with this job. Trust me i wish i could get more work out of my old lady too but i realize shes a different beast and not OCD as hell like me. Dont sweat it dude, youll get your stuff done eventually. Cant be like that with this job, cause youll never win this game with this job. Gotta have the mentality that you know what ill get to it when i get to it. Take everything in small intervals homeboy, and remember MODERATION IS THE KEY MY BROTHER.

box_beeyotch

Join the club dude, we all drink out of the same BrownSlave Cup. None of us have time to do Jack on this job and im like you dude OCD as hell about things being clean organized and trying to be on top of stuff 24-7. Not going to happen with this job. Trust me i wish i could get more work out of my old lady too but i realize shes a different beast and not OCD as hell like me. Dont sweat it dude, youll get your stuff done eventually. Cant be like that with this job, cause youll never win this game with this job. Gotta have the mentality that you know what ill get to it when i get to it. Take everything in small intervals homeboy, and remember MODERATION IS THE KEY MY BROTHER.

That's what they make adderall for.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Lol must've been drinking too. When I was younger I got in a fight with 3 guys at once on a night like that, ended up with cracked ribs. Lesson learned.
I almost killed a dude at a bar in NYC after I got jumped by 2 dudes, wasn't pretty at all, blood all over the place, looked like a murder scene. Was on aderall at the time. After that I went cold turkey and didn't take any more meds for my adhd. Told my doctor ill figure it out and told him, ill be alright and didn't want to be dependent on meds for the rest of my life lol. Bad parts of adhd but the 1 super cool part about it is YOU NEVER GET TIRED and your gas tank is always full along with usually always being 2 steps ahead of everybody cause your brain is moving 3,000,000 miles an hour all the time lol.

SCV good to go sir.

You. I like you.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
You. I like you.
Just tell it how I see it n see some similarities in your tendencies like myself. Been doing this job going on 16 years now and going on 13 years being married. Trust me I feel what your saying dude lol. Its funny as you get older your not so fast to get worked up over stupid schiznitt that would bother you as when your younger that's for sure. No such thing as the perfect woman or perfect man ya know. You decipher the good n the bad with a person and you make the most of it cause quiet honestly that's just how it is. We're lucky we don't have any kids so lifes pretty easy besides this BS job, we got that straight and came to the mutual agreement in the beginning before it would even be a problem down the road. Im like you I don't need or want any unwanted stress in my life, forget that nonsense dude lol. I just wanna work and when I get off work just chill n do my thing n not have any stress, feel me dude. Just relax dude and everything will work itself out trust me;)

DOK

Have you considered that maybe your wife "messed up" bad enough (use your imagination) that the hospital doesn't want her dealing with patients anymore and she doesn't know how to tell you?

There are several scenarios that could have occurred.

This happened to at least two friends of mine.

UPSER110

I would like to thank everyone on here again ( I have been reading the posts again ) We have tried to work this marriage out and I am getting ready to move out. We agreed this is what we need to try, but when I am outa here its gonna be peace out. It is draining trying to make things work. I really needed to just open my eyes and realize this isnt how I want to live my life.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I would like to thank everyone on here again ( I have been reading the posts again ) We have tried to work this marriage out and I am getting ready to move out. We agreed this is what we need to try, but when I am outa here its gonna be peace out. It is draining trying to make things work. I really needed to just open my eyes and realize this isnt how I want to live my life.
Good luck brother. My prayers are with you.

SCV good to go sir.

I read in another thread on this forum that some of the older cats in feeder are never going to retire that way their ex-wives don't get a penny of their pension. If it were me, I'd do the same thing. Best of luck to you.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I read in another thread on this forum that some of the older cats in feeder are never going to retire that way their ex-wives don't get a penny of their pension. If it were me, I'd do the same thing. Best of luck to you.
In a short-term marriage with no children (OP), there should be no need for this type of negative thought.

UPSER110, good luck ,and if you do go through with the divorce, the weight off of your shoulders will be one of the most liberating feelings ever!