Full time cover driver not getting paid on time or getting hours?

35years

Gravy route
Yes he was hired as a full time so his seniority kicked in right away, we have pension and retirement going, he's been driving for 7 months, so yes his seniority is lower but that's we he took the full time position over the TCD bc he was told in the union contract a full timer gets 40 hours guarenteed.
His seniority does not just kick in untill he has made his 30 (sometimes 40) day probation as a driver. He may well have his part time seniority but perhaps not his probationary period done as a driver.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You don't have premature twins that are barely surviving in NICU right now, and we don't know how we are going to pay the bill. I'm just asking for advice..
Look, sorry to hear about the twins but you should know that our insurance is quite decent. As long as he works 1 day a week, the insurance will pay for continued care. The family deductible is $2000. Finding a way to pay the $2000 is important but so long as he works one day, you will be covered and the twins will be treated.

You need to take some of that fervor and pent up anger and motivate your husband to get some answers and take some action. I hope things work out in all ways for you.

35years

Gravy route
Normally a full time seniority driver is gauranteed 8 hours per day, unless laid off. Has he been told he is laid off?

Pissedoffupswife

Look, sorry to hear about the twins but you should know that our insurance is quite decent. As long as he works 1 day a week, the insurance will pay for continued care. The family deductible is $2000. Finding a way to pay the $2000 is important but so long as he works one day, you will be covered and the twins will be treated.

You need to take some of that fervor and pent up anger and motivate your husband to get some answers and take some action. I hope things work out in all ways for you.
I won't go into further details about our situation , but I absolutely agree with you. Take care

Pissedoffupswife

Normally a full time seniority driver is gauranteed 8 hours per day, unless laid off. Has he been told he is laid off?
No he was sent home today bc they didn't have anything. He works only 25 hours a week and they won't let him make up the rest of the 40 in the warehouse because they don't have room?

35years

Gravy route

Not everyone is on Teamcare. Our local's insurance is quite superior to the $2000 deductable you mentioned.

Pissedoffupswife

No he was sent home today bc they didn't have anything. He works only 25 hours a week and they won't let him make up the rest of the 40 in the warehouse because they don't have room?
He's was told once peak starts, he will get the 40 hours, but he has 4 months of pay that he could file on, he just chooses not too. He says it's the politics and he wants to keep his job...

35years

Gravy route
Does not sound right.
Perhaps your husband does not want to work in the bldg.?

If he does, I would ask him to contact his Business Agent (BA) asap.

scooby0048

Not everyone is on Teamcare. Our local's insurance is quite superior to the $2000 deductable you mentioned.
I hear there that and that's why I didn't want to misquote something I don't know about so I stuck with our TeamCare example. Hopefully she is on a plan like yours where the deductible is considerably less.

35years

Gravy route
He's was told once peak starts, he will get the 40 hours, but he has 4 months of pay that he could file on, he just chooses not too. He says it's the politics and he wants to keep his job...
Every center and every local is different.
There may be situations at work that you are unaware of that might justify his concern for getting fired.
Ask him to contact his B.A. who will contact the labor manager, who will straighten out the center manager.

Back pay should not be the main objective since he did not push for the hours, but hours going forward should be.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives

Nice backtrack and good info.

Pissedoffupswife

Does not sound right.
Perhaps your husband does not want to work in the bldg.?

If he does, I would ask him to contact his Business Agent (BA) asap.
My husband is begging for work at this point, in all centers. Everything is extremely shady and they intimidate him saying if he files , they will him off. I have never heard anyone doing this to their employees like this. Plus we still havent received 16 hours of pay that he worked and they never paid him? BA? That's the first I'm hearing of that, i will let him know! Thank you for that!

scooby0048

It's your money and filing is a right. He will keep his job since he is already qualified. He might not like the BS they dole out to him but it will go away and there will always be someone else to deflect their intimidation towards afterwards.

Pissedoffupswife

It's your money and filing is a right. He will keep his job since he is already qualified. He might not like the BS they dole out to him but it will go away and there will always be someone else to deflect their intimidation towards afterwards.
Now to just have him to stand up for his damn self and our family! If he doesn't do it, they are going to take advantage! The union is there for these exact situations, we pay our dues...

El Correcto

god is dead
Pretty sure you only have 10 working days to file. Might even be less.
If your family is sinking he needs to tell his boss the situation politely then inform him he needs the hours even if he has to file.

Then when they harass him, he needs to file more.

To do this he also needs to do the job properly because there will be a target on his back.

They will really ride your ass your first year if you start filing against them, been there done that. Your husband needs to cross his t's and dot his i's, sheet everything honestly, don't lie and follow the methods.

I survived it by getting advice at my local union meetings, should be once a month on a Saturday. Asking questions on here isn't bad but it doesn't do as much good as asking a ba who deals with these management people and knows what is going on in the center.

Good luck and get him to tell them he is done going home he wants his hours.

Pissedoffupswife

Great
Every center and every local is different.
There may be situations at work that you are unaware of that might justify his concern for getting fired.
Ask him to contact his B.A. who will contact the labor manager, who will straighten out the center manager.

Back pay should not be the main objective since he did not push for the hours, but hours going forward should be.
GREAT advice! Thank you!