Full time cover driver not getting paid on time or getting hours?

Pissedoffupswife

Pretty sure you only have 10 working days to file. Might even be less.
If your family is sinking he needs to tell his boss the situation politely then inform him he needs the hours even if he has to file.

Then when they harass him, he needs to file more.

To do this he also needs to do the job properly because there will be a target on his back.

They will really ride your ass your first year if you start filing against them, been there done that. Your husband needs to cross his t's and dot his i's, sheet everything honestly, don't lie and follow the methods.

I survived it by getting advice at my local union meetings, should be once a month on a Saturday. Asking questions on here isn't bad but it doesn't do as much good as asking a ba who deals with these management people and knows what is going on in the center.

Good luck and get him to tell them he is done going home he wants his hours.
I will be passing all of this along. Thank you so very much for the much needed advice!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Now to just have him to stand up for his damn self and our family! If he doesn't do it, they are going to take advantage! The union is there for these exact situations, we pay our dues...

Call your union local and ask to speak to the BA-BUsiness Agent. Explain the situation to him / her.

File grievances when needed. File more grievances when being harassed about previous grievances.

Call UPS harassment hotline if harassment continues.
UPS Helpline
1-800-220-4126

Good luck with your husband and your situation. It WILL get better.

Pissedoffupswife

Call your union local and ask to speak to the BA-BUsiness Agent. Explain the situation to him / her.

File grievances when needed. File more grievances when being harassed about previous grievances.

UPS Helpline
1-800-220-4126

Done and done. Thank you for your help!

35years

Gravy route
My husband is begging for work at this point, in all centers. Everything is extremely shady and they intimidate him saying if he files , they will him off. I have never heard anyone doing this to their employees like this.

I have had at least 4 managers at UPS who made no secret of the fact that they were gunning for my job.
Yes, managers like this do exist at UPS.
One of mine put the screws to a driver right after his wife had an accident which disabled her.
As a new driver he has not learned all the ropes yet. Getting in a pissing match with some of the lowest of the low humans on the planet is often not a good idea.

He needs your support. I know you are both going through a difficult time but he probably has a better grasp of the situation at work than someone who does not see it daily. He probally feels a lot of pressure to provide for you and the twins along with the heartache you are both experiencing. Let him know you are on his side supporting him.

Pissedoffupswife

I have had at least 4 managers at UPS who made no secret of the fact that they were gunning for my job.
Yes, managers like this do exist at UPS.
One of mine put the screws to a driver right after his wife had an accident which disabled her.
As a new driver he has not learned all the ropes yet. Getting in a pissing match with some of the lowest of the low humans on the planet is often not a good idea.

He needs your support. I know you are both going through a difficult time but he probably has a better grasp of the situation at work than someone who does not see it daily. He probally feels a lot of pressure to provide for you and the twins along with the heartache you are both experiencing. Let him know you are on his side supporting him.
I have his back fully. That's why I'm here, I need to help him figure this out. Thank you for your kind words, we are sticking together no matter what!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sounds like you need to let him have your big girl panties since your balls are apparently bigger than his.

So you figured friend* it, I'll rock the boat for my husband? Why don't you call the center manager and be pisssed with them. Demand action!

Doesn't seem to be the case now does it? Maybe your info is wrong. That's why spouses who DON'T work for UPS should stay out of their partner's business and let the spouse who actually works here handle stuff.
There he is....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

UPS Helpline
1-800-220-4126

This is crazy. And so simple for the husband to rectify.

If someone with less seniority than him is working tell them he wants his 8. If they refuse file right then.

If he's laid off he can bump to the inside. If they refuse. File right then.

This mans family needs him and he won't do what it takes to provide. If I were the wife. The next time he walks in the door without getting his hours I would kick him in the nuts. Tell him to man up and get to work.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
This is crazy. And so simple for the husband to rectify.

If someone with less seniority than him is working tell them he wants his 8. If they refuse file right then.

If he's laid off he can bump to the inside. If they refuse. File right then.

This mans family needs him and he won't do what it takes to provide. If I were the wife. The next time he walks in the door without getting his hours I would kick him in the nuts. Tell him to man up and get to work.

Sounds like she wears the pants
Probably already kicked him

Pissedoffupswife

Sounds like she wears the pants
Probably already kicked him
I do wear some of the pants and so does he. This is not not his normal self to not stand up for what he is owed, but for some reason he just indtimidated by the center managers. He wants this to be his career to provide for us , so he's standing off. In ANY other situation he would be handling up! He spoke with his steward this morning and got the BAs number, so hopefully he will start filing until they work him full time...

Faceplanted

I do wear some of the pants and so does he. This is not not his normal self to not stand up for what he is owed, but for some reason he just indtimidated by the center managers. He wants this to be his career to provide for us , so he's standing off. In ANY other situation he would be handling up! He spoke with his steward this morning and got the BAs number, so hopefully he will start filing until they work him full time...
First off best wishes to your little ones

Second off.... what reason besides litteraly taking food out of his family's mouth would he stand up? If there is any reason to ever stand up for your self I can't think of a better one.

If he continues to act like this his career at ups is going to be terrible, continuously taken advantage of and stepped on.

Sorry but you need to have a talk with him about putting his big boy pants on And providing for his family.

And FYI there is no such thing as "no work for him in the warehouse"

As a full timer, if laid off he displaces 2 part timers to get his 8. I don't think your getting the whole story. There is a good posibility his performance is not that great and his wonderful management team instead uses less senior faster drivers. The contract says nothing about performance so this is not allowed and he should not be getting punished for not running and skipping lunch but not getting his 8

Last edited:

Back first

First off best wishes to your little ones

Second off.... what reason besides litteraly taking food out of his family's mouth would he stand up? If there is any reason to ever stand up for your self I can't think of a better one.

If he continues to act like this his career at ups is going to be terrible, continuously taken advantage of and stepped on.

Sorry but you need to have a talk with him about putting his big boy pants on And providing for his family.

And FYI there is no such thing as "no work for him in the warehouse"

As a full timer, if laid off he displaces 2 part timers to get his 8. I don't think your getting the whole story. There is a good posibility his performance is not that great and his wonderful management team instead uses less senior faster drivers. The contract says nothing about performance so this is not allowed and he should not be getting punished for not running and skipping lunch but not getting his 8
Also ups must give him 24 hour notice if they are going to lay him off. Your husband should report to work and demand his 8 hours, this is his right. We have a contract and make ups follow it.

clean hairy

If this was such a concern to him, he would be on here giving us the info first hand, you would not be on here giving it to us 2nd hand. I mean, he IS an Adult who can speak for himself?
What next?
You are going to go meet with his bosses and deal with the situation yourself?
SHEESH!