Full

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Well it only took 6 hours but I've delivered enough packages today that the status of my truck has been downgraded to "full."

Dispatch today is 180% of average stop count. We're ready for peak. ...uh huh....yup

watdaflock?

I'd hate to be that new driver stuck with the rental box truck. As soon as she takes a turn the load is doomed.
Hopefully nothing small and fragile is in those bags going to the post office.

lol

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I did my part today. My dog started barking. I knew it was the somebody is here bark. UPS truck in front of the house! Helper brings 3 boxes to my door. Through tracking, I'm expecting something every day through the first part of next week.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Had 70 more stops than I have had so far this peak. OT hog next to me took 16. Iam finishing up lunch now and heading in to make the air trailer. Wouldn't have made it without his help

We're ready!!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow. Easy day for. Preload wrapped early and we started early. Would of been on the road headed home before 6 if not for misloads.

I almost feel bad.......almost

scisector9

Wow. Easy day for. Preload wrapped early and we started early. Would of been on the road headed home before 6 if not for misloads.

Yep 945 start time punched out at 1905 and over half our cars were in. Called center at 1815 asking if they needed me to grab air off anyone; no sup or center manager in building all gone for night. Said come on in. Guess we are in decent shape for now. Tuesday was another story... maybe just the calm before the storm.

Excited to watch my bears live. Win or another train wreck should be entertaining none the less.

Cheers

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Pretty smooth week for us too. Preload has been wrapped and EDD released by 8:40. Instead of putting out fires, I've been getting my misloads from other drivers and running them off.

We've gotten off on the right foot. I hope it stays that way. It would do a lot for us and the company.

Sent using a Potato

Brownslave688

Pretty smooth week for us too. Preload has been wrapped and EDD released by 8:40. Instead of putting out fires, I've been getting my misloads from other drivers and running them off.

We've gotten off on the right foot. I hope it stays that way. It would do a lot for us and the company.

Sent using a Potato
I know some centers that I don't think hired enough or are evening out dispatch well. Others still have 4-5 extra drivers and guys barely working 8

DriverMD

Yep 945 start time punched out at 1905 and over half our cars were in. Called center at 1815 asking if they needed me to grab air off anyone; no sup or center manager in building all gone for night. Said come on in. Guess we are in decent shape for now. Tuesday was another story... maybe just the calm before the storm.

Excited to watch my bears live. Win or another train wreck should be entertaining none the less.

Cheers
Funny you mention Tuesday being bad. It was horrible for me as well. Rest of the week has been good so far

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'd hate to be that new driver stuck with the rental box truck. As soon as she takes a turn the load is doomed.
Hopefully nothing small and fragile is in those bags going to the post office.

lol
I have a neighboring route that has a uhaul and man the back of that thing looks awesome everyday. They load it with 2 aisles/3 rows and it's only like waist high. I'm sure if I were to drive it the first time I took a turn it would be one big heap but I was a little jealous yesterday morning looking in the back, then I thought about having to bend down for every stop and climb up in and out of that thing.

PT Car Washer

I am driving a U Haul. Think about getting out and opening up that overhead door to find the package and pulling the door down every stop doing resi's. At least I don't have an Isuzu with a dock height rear door and a ladder. Sure that will be coming.

Brownslave688

I am driving a U Haul. Think about getting out and opening up that overhead door to find the package and pulling the door down every stop doing resi's. At least I don't have an Isuzu with a dock height rear door and a ladder. Sure that will be coming.
Every stop screw that. I'd have at least 5 stops up front with me. Lol heat blasting radio blaring.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

Wrapped...early?? What's that like? lol. I can't get out before 930. Between late air and pulling 100 home stops out of a truck at 9am to fit all the retail....yay we are so not ready!