Funny DVIRS?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I once wrote a truck up. Steel belt on tire showing. Replace tires. Mechanic wrote back parts on order safe to run.

Didn't leave the building til about 10 the next morning after they found me some tires.
Wow. Your mechanic there was not on the ball there. My condolences.. If I can't find tires, I'll just tag it. No real humor here.
Any real attempts at humor are seriously frowned upon, as the DVIR is an official document. Nor is it a place to vent after things go bad. It IS the place to make constructive statements to make things better. If you don't have anything constructive to say, or don't know how and don't have the room, save your ink and avoid pissing off the mechanic and see him in person if you can.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wow. Your mechanic there was not on the ball there. My condolences.. If I can't find tires, I'll just tag it. No real humor here.
Any real attempts at humor are seriously frowned upon, as the DVIR is an official document. Nor is it a place to vent after things go bad. It IS the place to make constructive statements to make things better. If you don't have anything constructive to say, or don't know how and don't have the room, save your ink and avoid pissing off the mechanic and see him in person if you can.
It was a lazy ass covering for our night mechanic. The morning mechanic was not happy at all.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
what I don't understand is the write ups from previous driver that would only take two minutes to take care of if the driver would just drive over to the shop.

like " needs new wipers" or needs new headlight or something simple. just laziness. make me do it at the start of my shift. its usually a relief driver that does this.

one driver wrote up that the PDL light was stuck on. ya, it was on for a reason. its the power divider lock that means both drive axles are locked in which you usually don't use unless you are stuck or driving in snow and ice conditions. he/she drove it locked in for a 300 mile trip at 55 mph.

no wonder you mechanics scratch your heads. you guys definitely need a good sense of humor.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
He is a POS who owes me money.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1436393865.927707.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I prefer to keep the joking face to face. DVIR discipline seems to be a one way street for me and I'm always the one who gets stomped on these days. Not doing it any more. Please guys, just give the facts as best you can and try not to tell me my job instead. I don't tell you guys how to drive and deliver.:group-hug:

MaceFremonti

Best DVIR comment I got BACK was this....

During post trip on my assigned tractor I found that the outside rear tire on my twin screw was completely flat due to a thick nail stuck right in between two of the knobbies. I had only pulled a pup that was barely 15% so I didn't even feel it on road. I wrote it up exactly like this....

"Outside right rear tire is completely flat!"

Next morning I go to sign the DVIR and it says, "Can't find flat OK to run."

"What the hell?", I think.

I walk around and just push on the sidewall of the tire in question......oh yes, still completely flat.

I drive over to the shop, pointed it out to the boss and showed him the DVIR - I had a brand new Bridgestone on there in under five minutes.

bham brown

Years ago I had the accelerator cable break on a P1000 manual pos.. Mechanic asked me if I could take the shoestring out of my shoe and tie it on there because they couldn't have another road call that week. I just laughed and asked when they would have me another truck out there...

rod

Retired 22 years
I get a few that make me chuckle, but usually for the wrong reasons. A lot of it comes from the level of ignorance and arrogance displayed at times from people that should know better. SMH

After reading on here the number of new hires that can't or are afraid to drive a straight stick it don't surprise me that a large number are ignorant about how to describe what is wrong with their trucks. They don't know the difference between a muffler bearing and a left handed monkey wrench.

livin the dream

After reading on here the number of new hires that can't or are afraid to drive a straight stick it don't surprise me that a large number are ignorant about how to describe what is wrong with their trucks. They don't know the difference between a muffler bearing and a left handed monkey wrench.

I'm a driver not a mechanic

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I bought way too much blinker fluid last fall when it was on sale. Let me know if you want some.

clean hairy

When i was in high school, worked as general shop guy in the service dept of a new car dealer, one customer left his car the night before with a note describing the problem.
One word was on it "vacuum" so, the shop manager took an old broken vacuum cleaner and put it in the guys back seat and told him to pick up his car!
Heard it was uh, quite interesting when the guy picked up his car!

Faceplanted

After my mechanical have seen my race car that I built on my own, assembled the engine and all as well as my bad ass daily they take my concerns seriously. Thankfully I got a good bid route and a brand new truck so they don't hear anything from me.

I drove a truck without a clutch for my last 20 resis and brought it back to the hub. Saved my mechanic a road call before I even mad my 30 days so I'm loved. I also fixed a tps issue I had with a diesel auto p10 on my own. My sup and mechanic couldnt thank me enough. I love bsing with them now and vice versa