Funny DVIRS?

tomwor

After delivering to a convenience store I started my old POS P800 and the starter just kept cranking even after I shut the engine down. Starter overheated and burst into flames,so I grabbed my trusty fire extinguisher,rolled under the PC,and doused it.Called my center and my center manager asked how I got the fire out.After telling him he stated "You're not supposed to actually use those things."
I thought to myself,"Dang, if had known that I could have gotten the rest of the day off!" Long story short my DVIR read "Starter
flamed out"

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
They don't know the difference between a muffler bearing and a left handed monkey wrench.
I was just like "Wait, how does a muffler have a bearing? Is he talking about the rubber bushings they usually have in the hangers?" and had to google it to confirm it didn't exist. You got me thinking lol.

Re-Raise

I wrote ... Broke driver's side mirror while adjusting.

Mechanic wrote ... Replaced driver's side mirror again.

Got a pretty good laugh out of it

JL 0513

I wrote ... Broke driver's side mirror while adjusting.

Mechanic wrote ... Replaced driver's side mirror again.

Got a pretty good laugh out of it

Haha, that happened to me once. Lightly adjusted blind spot mirror and it cracked. These should be built for constant adjustment, don't you think?

JL 0513

Today's problem? My horn started honking and even blaring by itself. This is the worst. Blared for a long 15 seconds as I was in front of a customers house and the customer was already walking toward the PC and stood there watching. Fun stuff.

This is the 3rd PC that I've seen this happen. Total garbage. Then there's the one's that the horns constantly stop working.

I feel like going to the manufacturer personally and yelling at them for messing up such a simple component.

clean hairy

I've written up a faulty starter as "truck only starts when it feels like it". Also, one day I had a truck that started making all kinds of terrible sounds under the hood at random times and kept getting louder. I wrote it up as "truck may be haunted". 2 out of our 3 mechanics have a good sense of humor.
If you had a stick and had it in first, it was the forward starter that was bad.
If you had put it in reverse, the reverse starter woulda gotten the engine going!
Also, if you find the truck will not go in reverse, it might be they forgot to put the reverse transmission back in after servicing the truck, and only put the forward transmission back in.

clean hairy

Today's problem? My horn started honking and even blaring by itself. This is the worst. Blared for a long 15 seconds as I was in front of a customers house and the customer was already walking toward the PC and stood there watching. Fun stuff.

This is the 3rd PC that I've seen this happen. Total garbage. Then there's the one's that the horns constantly stop working.

I feel like going to the manufacturer personally and yelling at them for messing up such a simple component.
Just write it up.
"My truck is horny, please resolve the issue"

Grey

How much would it cost UPS if they upgraded ever single truck into the current quality versions of the Freightliners? Not sure which model specifically but the long ones with automatic transmissions that run somewhat quiet and smooth...

oldngray

nowhere special

I had a truck where the horn was a chronic problem. The turn signal return spring would come loose and contact the horn pad. I eventually learned how to fix it myself.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I had a truck where the horn was a chronic problem. The turn signal return spring would come loose and contact the horn pad. I eventually learned how to fix it myself.

I asked the mechanic to install on of those independent horn buttons (like you could buy at any auto parts store during the sixties) just so I could rely on it working at the moment when I actually needed it. An important consideration with the horn.....

He said he would really like to, but that would be an unauthorized
modification.

BrownTexas

I asked the mechanic to install on of those independent horn buttons (like you could buy at any auto parts store during the sixties) just so I could rely on it working at the moment when I actually needed it. An important consideration with the horn.....

He said he would really like to, but that would be an unauthorized
modification.
That's how they fix all our horn problems. They are too lazy to do it right. So just rig a new one up.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
That's how they fix all our horn problems. They are too lazy to do it right. So just rig a new one up.

I would gladly take the rig.....

While holding down the horn button, the steering wheel must be turned to even hope to make contact. At this point the original emergency has passed, but a new one created by turning the wheel.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
A new driver came to me pissed off that the mechanic hadn't fixed the bulkhead door he had been writing up for several days. When I spoke to the mechanic, he brought me the DVIR book that had several "Rear door not working right" write ups in it. The next day I showed the driver that he was writing up the rear door, got a confused look and a "well it's behind me" reply... Now I get the Centers to bring new drivers by the shop, we give them a little training on the basics.

Boulevard859710

After my mechanical have seen my race car that I built on my own, assembled the engine and all as well as my bad ass daily they take my concerns seriously. Thankfully I got a good bid route and a brand new truck so they don't hear anything from me.

I drove a truck without a clutch for my last 20 resis and brought it back to the hub. Saved my mechanic a road call before I even mad my 30 days so I'm loved. I also fixed a tps issue I had with a diesel auto p10 on my own. My sup and mechanic couldnt thank me enough. I love bsing with them now and vice versa
I had a route one time that had over 200 stops regularly and drove the whole day without a clutch. I know the feeling.