Funny DVIRS?

Rack em

Made the Podium
A few peaks back I slid off the road and hit a yield sign which came through the passenger side windshield. After a sup and automotive sup did took their pictures I was told to finish up. So I am driving down the highway with the passenger side windshield caved in and all of the sudden the whole windshield blows into the cab. I dont know how I didn't get scared enough to back into the ditch, but it was insane!

At the end of the night I filled out my dvir and put "Passenger side windshield cracked" while the passenger side windshield was in the back of the PC

Keenj

When I started as a seasonal, I was in an 800 that had rolled onto its side in an accident and was pretty beat up. I was on road with a supervisor learning the route when it started raining and water would spray all over him from a split above the passenger windshield so I note it on the form and turn it in to the mechanic. Problem solved I think. The next day it rained again and the supervisor got soaked again so I note it again and turn it in to the mechanic.

The next day, the mechanic wrote "package cars are not submarines" in the comments section. I laughed.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I once saw a guy screaming at the mechanic with the slip in his hand, "This :censored2: bulkhead door! I had to wiggle the key thirty five times to get it open! And I put it down as a safety issue because if it doesn't get fixed, I'm gonna blow my :censored2: brains out!"

Gear

Parts on Order
Cover driver write up, "Mirrors need tightened". So I replaced the presets and tightened up mirrors. Same as I always do. 2 days later he is back on the same vehicle and writes up, "Mirrors to tight". The guy who drove it the day before didnt have a problem.

Different driver write up. Bulkhead door doesnt open up fast enough. He wrote this under safety. How fast does he want it to open?

Gear

Parts on Order
Something else to add. Writing non safety issues up under safety doesnt make it a safety issue. Its not a magical box that guarantees a repair. Im more likely to ignore your non safety issue that you wrote up as safety.

You guys go out and deliver to cool customers and total goof balls. Its the same with us, some drivers are cool, some are a pain.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Something else to add. Writing non safety issues up under safety doesnt make it a safety issue. Its not a magical box that guarantees a repair. Im more likely to ignore your non safety issue that you wrote up as safety.

You guys go out and deliver to cool customers and total goof balls. Its the same with us, some drivers are cool, some are a pain.

I kind of agree, but it does not matter where you write it up on the DVIR. You still need to sign off on it whether it is on the safety line or not.

What a driver may consider safety related and what you consider safety related are probably two different things.

Just write it up on the DVIR, whether it is on the safety line or not, and the mechanic will either repair it or sign off saying OK to run, repairs will be scheduled.

They can actually eliminate the safety and non safety lines and just have one category. It is UPS policy that any write up, safety or not, needs to be signed off by a mechanic. It is the mechanics job to determine if it is safety related and needs to be fixed now or if it is non safety related and can wait a day or two.

DriverNerd

A few years back all the trucks in our loop were being serviced one after another and we had the same old 10 cube being passed around to each of us. Now being the middle of winter (in Minnesota) it was quite cold and this POS would not heat up....at all.

First guy writes it up "No Heat".
Mechanic: "Checked heater. OK for service."

Next day I had it. Of course I froze my butt off for the day and wrote it up.

Me: "Heater blowing cold air, even after long drive."
Mechanic: "Checked heater. OK for service.

Next guy in my loop gets it on the coldest day of the week. When he got in he looked mighty cold. Wouldn't stop bitching about it.

Him: "Heater broken, will not get warm. Nothing but cold air."
Mechanic: "Walk faster"

Still the funniest comment I've ever seen from a mechanic. The vehicle heater did work...inside the building where it was 50 degrees.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
A few years back all the trucks in our loop were being serviced one after another and we had the same old 10 cube being passed around to each of us. Now being the middle of winter (in Minnesota) it was quite cold and this POS would not heat up....at all.

First guy writes it up "No Heat".
Mechanic: "Checked heater. OK for service."

Next day I had it. Of course I froze my butt off for the day and wrote it up.

Me: "Heater blowing cold air, even after long drive."
Mechanic: "Checked heater. OK for service.

Next guy in my loop gets it on the coldest day of the week. When he got in he looked mighty cold. Wouldn't stop bitching about it.

Him: "Heater broken, will not get warm. Nothing but cold air."
Mechanic: "Walk faster"

Still the funniest comment I've ever seen from a mechanic. The vehicle heater did work...inside the building where it was 50 degrees.
Was it gas or diesel?