Funny DVIRS?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I had a connecting rod break and go through the oil pan of an ancient P-600 once. Before the tow truck hauled it off, I wrote "replace engine" on the DVIR. Turns out that was the last DVIR ever filled out for that car; two days later they scraped the decals off, painted it white, and hauled it away.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Headlight out? Write it up and finish the day.
Not on my route in the winter. Twisty mountain roads plus pea-soup fog means that one headlight out will leave you with too many blind spots. It takes about 3 minutes with a Phillips-head screwdriver to change out a headlight. If I cant get to an auto parts store, I will put duct-tape over the top half of both lenses and switch over to high-beams in order to have two functioning lights without blinding oncoming traffic or having too much glare from the high beams in the fog.

ManInBrown

Haven't turned in a dvir in 6mo, same truck

I find this awfully hard to believe.

I covered a route the other day that a casual has been doing for the last 6-8 weeks. I go to sign off on the DVIR after morning pre-trip. He hasn't handed in a single yellow copy. He filled the DVIR out daily but never pulled the copy. I was looking for him the next day, to tell him that's a No No. Haven't seen him in a few weeks. I would never report someone for that. You just pull them aside and help them correct the mistake they had been making. Guess I won't have the chance.

ManInBrown

If the Car had any damage then I would have definitely reported it to mgmt. But there was none. Not my place to report something like that. Let them figure it out themselves

ManInBrown

How would you explain all of those yellow pages when you turn in the book after using the last page?
Again, I didn't fill them out. Not my place. And we don't turn in books here. The last page has imprinted writing on it that this is the last page in the book. When the mechanic sees that yellow copy they go to the car at night and replace the book.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Again, I didn't fill them out. Not my place. And we don't turn in books here. The last page has imprinted writing on it that this is the last page in the book. When the mechanic sees that yellow copy they go to the car at night and replace the book.

We have to turn the yellow page and empty books in to our OMS.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Exactly. I have trouble changing a light bulb. Now I'm supposed to give a detailed description of what's wrong with a package car. I don't know. Something is broke
NOT asking what is WRONG, just what a description of what you are EXPERIENCING. Not asking you to diagnose it. Diagnosing the issue is MY job.:peaceful: