G&A ERI

2029guy

Another one bites the dust, Dennis O is leaving I spoke with him there is no point in staying he will never get promoted because there is no place to go. There is lots of work out there for IT folks why do they continue to screw with us ?

R

ramsey500

They do not look at us as I.T. Professionals, they look at us as overhead; headcount they desperately want to reduce.

Don't ever forget where the big guy in Ramsey started his UPS management career. Once a bean counter always a bean counter.

Want to reduce headcount? Offer a buyout/early retirement for 2029 folks and I am sure some of them will take it.

R

rickym

The latest story about Mary H is that she took a demotion from System Manager to Project leader because she did not like the drive to Mahwah. She could pay someone to drive every day and still be making more as a Systems Manager.

It seems that if you are high enough up on the food chain they will move you out of the building you are in so that while they torture you into taking a demotion your friends don't have to witness your total meltdown. For some poor slug like me, they will do it right in front of your friends and not even bother to make up a story.

This looks like it was personal, look who she worked for, bully, male chauvinistic pig who was never educated to work in IT....

2029guy

I honestly do not know where all this is comming from, I suspect Don but don't really have any way of knowing. I have personal experiance dealing with him with a technical problem he was having with a application I supported in the past. I can tell you that he has absolutely no respect for technical people. He refused to move from his chair while I had to lean over him to use his computer. I told him that I needed to work on his computer and most people would take that as a hint to get up so you could work but not him he just sat there and said "there it is". It turned out to not really be a problem with the application, somehow he no longer had the mapped drive that the shortcut on his desktop was pointing to. If he would do something like that to a lowley junior programmer who knows what he is capable of .

R

ramsey500

It is truly amazing (and a sad commentary on the state of I.T. at UPS) that a person such as D*N is in the position he is in. He should be in Operations where his 'management by intimidation' methods would fit right in.

ARE YOU FOR REAL....BECAUSE HE DID NOT MOVE OUT OF HIS CHAIR......GET REAL...YOU MUST BE A PANSY.......I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU LEAVE NOW AND TAKE A STATE JOB.......THE THICKNESS OF YOUR SKIN IS IN QUESTION....MOST PORTFOLIO MGRS WON'T EVEN LET YOU IN THEIR OFFICE. TO SAY WHAT YOU AND THE OTHER IDIOT (ramsey500)continues to say makes ME CONCERNED OF WHAT THE YOUNGER GENERATION ENETERING THE WORKFORCE HAS BECOME.

I honestly do not know where all this is comming from, I suspect Don but don't really have any way of knowing. I have personal experiance dealing with him with a technical problem he was having with a application I supported in the past. I can tell you that he has absolutely no respect for technical people. He refused to move from his chair while I had to lean over him to use his computer. I told him that I needed to work on his computer and most people would take that as a hint to get up so you could work but not him he just sat there and said "there it is". It turned out to not really be a problem with the application, somehow he no longer had the mapped drive that the shortcut on his desktop was pointing to. If he would do something like that to a lowley junior programmer who knows what he is capable of .

GIVE EXAMPLES....I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM SINCE THE WLD MTG IN THE CAFETERIA.....TELL ME HOW HE INTIMIDATES....YOU ARE JUST BLOWING SMOKE...

It is truly amazing (and a sad commentary on the state of I.T. at UPS) that a person such as D*N is in the position he is in. He should be in Operations where his 'management by intimidation' methods would fit right in.

1 man 2 vote

GIVE EXAMPLES....I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM SINCE THE WLD MTG IN THE CAFETERIA.....TELL ME HOW HE INTIMIDATES....YOU ARE JUST BLOWING SMOKE...

Temper temper...now gee, their comments appear to have gotten under your skin...you know what they say about those that protest too much....

...and apparently you appear to be blowing smoke too, won't mention the location though...

I work in Morristown....i see you have not registered....makes one wonder......

Temper temper...now gee, their comments appear to have gotten under your skin...you know what they say about those that protest too much....

...and apparently you appear to be blowing smoke too, won't mention the location though...

R

ramsey500

UPSOVERSIZE (EGO)---too bad you weren't in Ramsey a week or so ago when the big guy was blowing a lot of steam in the direction of a manager several levels below him. in fact there were a lot of witnesses because he did it right out in the open outside "Thorny's" office...once again, typical intimidation tactics which I thought would have gotten him canned or at least reprimanded by now.

instead of taking things out on this person, he should have been asking "Thorny" and LAP why we just wasted SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS on implementing a payroll system that is basically useless since UPS Freight joined the Teamsters.

THEY LIKE TO HOLD US ACCOUNTABLE BUT WHO HOLDS THEM ACCOUNTABLE?

IS DAVE WATCHING?

I will refrain from calling you an IDIOT as you have called me. And I have 10 years in so I don't think I am a newbie as you implied. next time you have something to say, show a little class

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LAP

UPSOVERSIZE (EGO)---too bad you weren't in Ramsey a week or so ago when the big guy was blowing a lot of steam in the direction of a manager several levels below him. in fact there were a lot of witnesses because he did it right out in the open outside "Thorny's" office...once again, typical intimidation tactics which I thought would have gotten him canned or at least reprimanded by now.

instead of taking things out on this person, he should have been asking "Thorny" and LAP why we just wasted SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS on implementing a payroll system that is basically useless since UPS Freight joined the Teamsters.

IS DAVE WATCHING?

I will refrain from calling you an IDIOT as you have called me. And I have 10 years in so I don't think I am a newbie as you implied. next time you have something to say, show a little class

----------------------------------
If you are so familiar with everything that is going on, you should know that "several million dollars" on implementing a payroll system was less than upgrading the UPS Freight Payroll and HR. In addition HR implementation is being used for International rollout and that is a big savings by itself. Couple of years ago HR international was estimated much more than "several million dollars". So maybe, just maybe you do not know everything.

R

Rickym

Don did not demote Mary, she came back to Don running from SS...

I

itguy

IS DAVE WATCHING?

---------------------------
You don't even sound like an IT person,so what do you care? "Show class" - You don't know what class is.....RAMSEY500, RAMSEY600 or whatever. Go back on our vacation. It was nice last week when you were out last week.

How sad you must be in Ramsey...have you thought of leaving or job opping ? I know of Rose but do not know her well enough to comment. To call her Thorny Rose shows no class on your part. I know he is loud when he is in our area but intimidation is not how he operates in Morristown.

My friends in Ramsey like both of them and I went to SLS with a guy that worked for him in the district and they loved him and how he got things done. He makes things happen and holds all levels accountable. He is on every call in Billing and he doesn't sit there quietly and then identify himself, he tells us at the beginnining he is on and asks how he can help. He actually got support groups who did not want to help to get involved.

I will take him over the others !!!!!

ISFriendly

Sounds like a frustrated user here ?

IS DAVE WATCHING?I will refrain from calling you an IDIOT as you have called me. And I have 10 years in so I don't think I am a newbie as you implied. next time you have something to say, show a little class

R

Ramsey I/T

Could It Be John T Or Burt H ??? It Definitely Is One Of Our Obnoxoius Payroll Users Who Blame I/t For Their Careers Going Nowhere !!!!!

R

Ramsey I/T

So when will you leave....you keep posting everyone else...

IS DAVE WATCHING?

2029guy

ARE YOU FOR REAL....BECAUSE HE DID NOT MOVE OUT OF HIS CHAIR......GET REAL...YOU MUST BE A PANSY.......I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU LEAVE NOW AND TAKE A STATE JOB.......THE THICKNESS OF YOUR SKIN IS IN QUESTION....MOST PORTFOLIO MGRS WON'T EVEN LET YOU IN THEIR OFFICE. TO SAY WHAT YOU AND THE OTHER IDIOT (ramsey500)continues to say makes ME CONCERNED OF WHAT THE YOUNGER GENERATION ENETERING THE WORKFORCE HAS BECOME.
I find this post personally insulting and I expect an apology. In all my posts I never called anyone a Pansy or made personal references to the person who was posting. Perhaps I do have a thin skin. I am a cancer survivor and since my surgery my testosterone level is near zero. I have unfortunately had to deal with people like Don before and that is the reason I went to College and got an advanced degree so there would be less of this sort of immature behavior.

There is still lots of work out there for people in IS in our area. My advice, work hard learn as much as you can and move to a company that treats their employees with dignity and respect.