Gas surcharge, thanks to Joe

Non liberal

The bill goes down because we have mild winters and hot summers, and I use some wood heat. Different areas are different.

You seem to understand that it is optional for us to have price increases. It's a political thing. Not economic.

Demand can soar and prices go down. It happens all the time in all kinds of industries.
Oh my, it’s not going to go up any more than gas is, but it will be the same as gas. It will rise and fall just like gas. When people start buying ev over petrol you can take whatever you’re paying for gas right now and just add it to your electric bill in the future. You’re not going to get a bargain. Wake up. Quit drinking the kool aid. I mean fossil fuel is what makes electricity, you are not going to pay less for it because of the “superior technology” of electric cars. It’s a trade off that I would rather not make because we already have a proven reliable form of transportation. We don’t need to change that. If you want to fight climate change, increase the amount of people in the world, which will then increase the amount of brain power in the world. Maybe then one of them will figure out a real solution to the problem if it exists. But it doesn’t, which is why they’re pushing the money making scheme of electric vehicles. To make money. No other reason.

wilberforce15

Oh my, it’s not going to go up any more than gas is, but it will be the same as gas. It will rise and fall just like gas. When people start buying ev over petrol you can take whatever you’re paying for gas right now and just add it to your electric bill in the future. You’re not going to get a bargain. Wake up. Quit drinking the kool aid. I mean fossil fuel is what makes electricity, you are not going to pay less for it because of the “superior technology” of electric cars. It’s a trade off that I would rather not make because we already have a proven reliable form of transportation. We don’t need to change that. If you want to fight climate change, increase the amount of people in the world, which will then increase the amount of brain power in the world. Maybe then one of them will figure out a real solution to the problem if it exists. But it doesn’t, which is why they’re pushing the money making scheme of electric vehicles. To make money. No other reason.
I don't care about climate change. It's a scam.

I haven't argued that electrics are cheaper.

You're arguing against a figment of your imagination.

Non liberal

I also haven't argued that electrics are cheaper.

I have merely corrected you that mass EV sales do not require costs to go up.

That's it. Everything else is your imagination.
Not of the vehicle, no. It will cause the price of electricity to go up. Just like winter in the north east cause the price of electricity to go up.

wilberforce15

Not of the vehicle, no. It will cause the price of electricity to go up. Just like winter in the north east cause the price of electricity to go up.
It doesn't have to make electricity rise.

You can triple demand and not have a price increase if you handle it correctly on a political level.

If prices go up, it's because we chose to let them. They don't have to. We can increase supply to more than meet the demand

Non liberal

It doesn't have to make electricity rise.

You can triple demand and not have a price increase if you handle it correctly on a political level.

If prices go up, it's because we chose to let them. They don't have to. We can increase supply to more than meet the demand
Electricity prices go up in the winter regardless of who is in office. Again because of supply and demand. Trump can make policy decisions to make it go down but when winter comes, it still rises. Supply and demand is separate from politics.

wilberforce15

Electricity prices go up in the winter regardless of who is in office. Again because of supply and demand. Trump can make policy decisions to make it go down but when winter comes, it still rises. Supply and demand is separate from politics.
We can create supply to meet the demand. We choose not to do so.

I didn't say anything about Trump solving it.

wilberforce15

And why do you think that is?
Why do we choose not to solve it?

Seaosnal increases in production at that scale are difficult. That's why his point about EVs are doubly ridiculous. It's hard to get companies to expand to meet a temporary need.

The electricity need for EVs won't be seasonal or temporary, justifying permanent infrastructure improvement to meet it.

The market generally does that very well.

Non liberal

Attachments

• D3618966-3466-4F8E-A5E2-CE40909C2D3F.png
    D3618966-3466-4F8E-A5E2-CE40909C2D3F.png
    841.6 KB · Views: 45

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
To tell the truth Alaska wasn't even on my bucket list. My wife is the driving force behind this trip. To me Alaska is like Hawaii. Expensive with some beautiful scenery that is marred by houses that all seem to have a yard full of junk. All it means to me is that now I will have visited all but 3 states--Maine, Vt. and N.H.
Three beautiful states that you should visit.

Non liberal

California comes to mind. They desperately need generating capacity. Summer brown outs are a warning sign.
Now add to that the entire world and industry drawing power that they need to power their electric vehicles. They can’t even deal with the heat in summer time.